Thunderbolt Constantly Syncing

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
My phone is constantly syncing and it's gotten to the point where it's completely draining my battery. I'm checked my settings. I've deleted all the accounts and re-added them...I'm not sure what to do. It's really annoying, and hard to fix because I'm always busy with school and work. Anyways, I'm running Das BAMF 1.4 with the Das BAMF 4.3B Kernel. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I THINK if you go to ur accounts and sync setting when its syncing just press the cancel sync button

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My gmail has been stuck on Loading Conversation for half an hour. It says I have one email but it won't load. What to do!?

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
There are two separate email applications in TB: Gmail and Mail. Apparently, you CAN SETUP the SAME email account in each application and it will run INDEPENDENTLY of each other.

For example, I was using Gmail app for my Google mail, but I cannot setup Exchange, so I started using the "Mail" application. I setup my Google mail in "Mail" but forgot to remove the one in Google mail, so I have double syncing.

If you go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync, you will probably see DUPLICATE email accounts, and each can be setup to sync independtly of each other.

So maybe your case is the same?

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
There are two separate email applications in TB: Gmail and Mail. Apparently, you CAN SETUP the SAME email account in each application and it will run INDEPENDENTLY of each other.

For example, I was using Gmail app for my Google mail, but I cannot setup Exchange, so I started using the "Mail" application. I setup my Google mail in "Mail" but forgot to remove the one in Google mail, so I have double syncing.

If you go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync, you will probably see DUPLICATE email accounts, and each can be setup to sync independtly of each other.

So maybe your case is the same?

Just realized I have the same problem. This is my first Android phone, so not very familiar. When I tried to remove the gmail account it said it needed the account for other stuff then email. So I'm guessing I'll just wipe out the mail app account. Any reason to use the mail app instead of gmail? I also have a notes traveler email account which is its own app, very annoying they should all be apart of the main email app with the ability to separate imho.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just realized I have the same problem. This is my first Android phone, so not very familiar. When I tried to remove the gmail account it said it needed the account for other stuff then email. So I'm guessing I'll just wipe out the mail app account. Any reason to use the mail app instead of gmail? I also have a notes traveler email account which is its own app, very annoying they should all be apart of the main email app with the ability to separate imho.

It's fine to keep them both. The important thing is to go into Menu | Settings | Accounts&Sync and make sure you are not duplicating a sync. Set only one account to sync. Or, in my case, I have Exchange/Active Sync and Google - both syncing with my Gmail account. I set Exchange/Active Sync to sync Mail and Contacts and I set Google to sync Calendar. But don''t set them both to do everything.

-Frank

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

It needs the gmail account but i wanted a combined view of all of my email accounts, and i didnt particularly like the gmail app... What i did was to go into the gmail account sync settings and tell it to sync calendar and contacts only - not email. I then set up all of my email accounts (in my case maildroid free) and everything is working for me. No excessive synching, and everything that i want is being synched.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed my Facebook contacts would always sync and either lock up or take forever. I ended up just stopping the contact sync and haven't had any problems since.

GrimSniper

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this problem, its been goin on for 2 days now. I have all my email accounts set up (Gmail, yahoo, hotmail, live, plus facebook) and yes i have hit cancel sync, but in like an hr or so it just goes back to doing it. what to do? call Verizon and c what they say?

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I have found the same issue but its when I'm on a 3G/4G border. I umpire little league games in the boonies so when I leave a 4G area and then come back into it I notice my data syncs a lot and it drains my battery.

Just a thought...

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I also have a constant syncing problem with the HTC Mail app when I setup my Gmail and Google Apps accounts as exchange. They constantly sync! Every second the circle of arrows appear in the notification bar and I continually cancel sync in Accounts & Sync but to no avail. I want to use the app because it seems to handle text rewrap and attachments better than the Gmail app installed on the phone. I also like the widget. I only have them to only sync mail. Calendars and contacts are synced through Google. I've searched and can't seem to find an answer.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
With Exchange / ActiveSync for Google, your email is delivered via "Push". This means that your phone will CONSTANTLY connect to Google server to check mail, calendar, etc.

Change it to NON-PUSH and set periodic delivery, like 15 minutes or 1 hour, you will not see the syncing icon constantly. The downside is that you will not receive emails in real time, only based on how often you setup the periodic delivery.

I also have a constant syncing problem with the HTC Mail app when I setup my Gmail and Google Apps accounts as exchange. They constantly sync! Every second the circle of arrows appear in the notification bar and I continually cancel sync in Accounts & Sync but to no avail. I want to use the app because it seems to handle text rewrap and attachments better than the Gmail app installed on the phone. I also like the widget. I only have them to only sync mail. Calendars and contacts are synced through Google. I've searched and can't seem to find an answer.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
With Exchange / ActiveSync for Google, your email is delivered via "Push". This means that your phone will CONSTANTLY connect to Google server to check mail, calendar, etc.

Change it to NON-PUSH and set periodic delivery, like 15 minutes or 1 hour, you will not see the syncing icon constantly. The downside is that you will not receive emails in real time, only based on how often you setup the periodic delivery.

Something weird is going on here. This constant sync issue doesn't occur with an actual hosted exchange account that I have. Why only google accounts?

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what Google use, but the way it setup in my TB is that it's shown as ACTIVESYNC, so I presume Google uses Microsoft ActiveSync technology even though Google doesn't use Exchange.

I know that if I setup my Google email as regular IMAP instead of Exchange, I have no issues on the constant syncing. Try that and see what happen with your TB.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
IMAP works perfectly but I like having "push" email.

Well then, you will not be able to get rid of the syncing icon then! :p.

Maybe a new custom ROM can do that, but I DO like having that icon so I know something is connecting to the Internet and I can troubleshoot my phone.

Now, getting rid of the damn battery and alarm icons, that's my real problem...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen