Tired of all the games

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I've grown tired of all the TMo BS. Try to buy a new phone: add a line. Buy two phones. Must have the "right plan". Today was a whole new level of nonsense: Buy an LG V40 with the " right plan". Finance for 36 months. Receive a trade in credit spread out over the 36 months. Because I have "good credit" I'm punished into 36 instead of 24 months. Who buys a new phone and really expects to keep it for 36 months? Can't buy a phone for cash? To me, the greedy bastards are worse than the Contract days. Punish the loyal 15 year customers; reward changing carriers with anything and everything. It's all about new lines for Wall Street. I'm now buying unlocked OR used phones. No more buying anything from these greedy bastards!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can always pay it off outright or at any time during the lease/finance term. You're complaining about their promotions, which are meant to attract new costumers and add lines/subscribers. Is it annoying for existing costumers? Yeah, pretty much. Is it BS? Not at all. Did you really expect giving away stuff for free left and right was sustainable from 4 or 5 years ago? I still have 4 lines of unlimited everything with free international data and North America roaming for 100 bucks. Will I get their add-a-line promos without having to add a line? Nope. Will I switch carriers for a freebie when there's no way (not even in current TMo plans) that I will get the same price on my 4 lines? Nope. Your best bet now is to stick to manufacturer promos that just require a specific device purchase.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Nothing wrong with it. They trying to gain subscriber. Horrible for existing customer. Also, I'm stuck with 5 lines for awhile. Wish they throw in free lines again lol

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Wow! Good deal you got. I guess you and me consider grandfather in. I'm paying $115 for 5 lines that includes tax/fee.
You can always pay it off outright or at any time during the lease/finance term. You're complaining about their promotions, which are meant to attract new costumers and add lines/subscribers. Is it annoying for existing costumers? Yeah, pretty much. Is it BS? Not at all. Did you really expect giving away stuff for free left and right was sustainable from 4 or 5 years ago? I still have 4 lines of unlimited everything with free international data and North America roaming for 100 bucks. Will I get their add-a-line promos without having to add a line? Nope. Will I switch carriers for a freebie when there's no way (not even in current TMo plans) that I will get the same price on my 4 lines? Nope. Your best bet now is to stick to manufacturer promos that just require a specific device purchase.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with it. They trying to gain subscriber. Horrible for existing customer. Also, I'm stuck with 5 lines for awhile. Wish they throw in free lines again lol
Not horrible, I have a plan that the newbies can't even touch. I've saved more than enough on my plan to pay for any phone I want. That said, deal for 1+6P for $280 with Bill credits for existing customers was nice. I'm really enjoying the 1+6P.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not horrible, I have a plan that the newbies can't even touch. I've saved more than enough on my plan to pay for any phone I want. That said, deal for 1+6P for $280 with Bill credits for existing customers was nice. I'm really enjoying the 1+6P.

Yup, that was my point. Sure, it sucks we don't get these BOGO or discounted phone offers without having to add a line, but the deals we got if we stuck it out pretty much make up for it in the long run by paying a lot less for the plan with the same (or more) features than their current plans.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
6 lines unlimited data/texts 139.00, all in (tax, tip, shaft) I will take that and buy my phones out right all day.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would never occur to me to buy a phone from a carrier store....Google has 0% financing

Ummm... yeah they do. And the below is just going off from the Pixel 3 listing at the Google store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/us/category/phones?hl=en-US&token=AdcewuNJ
From $799 or $33.29/mo for 24 mos
with 0% APR Google Store Financing*

* Google Store Financing is a credit card account issued and serviced solely by Synchrony Bank and can be used only for purchases at store.google.com. Credit card application decisions are made solely by Synchrony Bank. The monthly payment shown on any phone purchase only applies with the use of a Google Store Financing credit card account. If you make your payments by the due date each month, the monthly payment shown (adjusted for taxes, shipping and any other items purchased in the same sales transaction) should allow you to pay off the phone purchase within 24 months if this balance is the only balance on your account during that time period. If you have other balances on your account, this monthly payment will be added to the monthly payment applicable to those balances. For new accounts: Phone purchases (any transaction that includes a phone) APR is 0.00%. All other (regular) purchases APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2.00. APRs are accurate as of 3/7/2017. Subject to credit approval.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha, nostalgic memories of 2006. I called T-mo and wanted a new phone, asked retention team to make me an offer matching an advertised offer for new subscribers. For 10 mins I professed my willingness to stay and sign a new contract term if only I could get a new Nokia with a discount. Agent just kept telling me no no no until I finally switched to AT&T.

I’d thought the industry would wake up from the binge eating of new subscribers while vomiting current ones.

I was tempted by the Google offer myself.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I’d thought the industry would wake up from the binge eating of new subscribers while vomiting current ones.

Do you know of any carrier that's gone bankrupt because they're bleeding users and can't get out of the hole? Yup. That's why they're not 'waking up'. They don't NEED to.

Just go with what you feel is best for you and that's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie