Tired of waiting for GN, Hello RAZR

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Same with me. Just picked up the Razr 2 days ago, annoyed with the Nexus delays. The phone is great, good battery life, good reception and the hardware is the best I've ever had on a smart phone.
But I'm very disappointed with the screen. The colors are great and the brightness is good but it looks like I'm looking through a screen door. Check out the review on the verge to see what I mean.
So I'm still waiting for the Nexus, but I am enjoying the Razr.

Since we have the Razr why would we need to see a review from the Verge? My screen is awesome, of course if you carry around a microscope to look at your screen I guess you have a point.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I can honestly say that I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the display. I feel as though people are nitpicking when they say the display is terrible. The only reason why I would consider giving up the RAZR for the Galaxy Nexus is for the pure Google experience.

Csdaytona

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say that I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the display. I feel as though people are nitpicking when they say the display is terrible. The only reason why I would consider giving up the RAZR for the Galaxy Nexus is for the pure Google experience.
I've noticed the "screen door effect" will vary from person to person. Meaning some people see it and some don't. Unfortunately I see it very clearly. I showed the phone to my gf and she couldn't see it. I'm coming from the Droid X and while the colors were a bit washed out, I thought the screen looked great. I'm not saying the phone is bad or the display isn't good, but I find it distracting at times.

A bit more on the screen door effect
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen-door_effect

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Lets add a lil plus here.
I have been thinking why its a good reason to have an SD card.
While nothing is fool proof. U have to back up your phone less.
Meaning if you like to buy download music it's right to your SD
card. If your phone takes a dump. Dies for whatever the reason
you have it. Simply swap your card.
Also apps to SD; say if you find a really cool app that you like
and it has that capability save it right to your SD card. Because
you full well know that sometimes apps that you like disappear from the market.
I know there is google music and the like. But I do like having some sense of control
over my data.

lakreda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a razr today while waiting for the nexus. Gonna exchange it when its finally available. Not a bad phone though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm back and forth but considering it as well.

I'm at least going to check out the Nexus thoroughly. I'd be remiss if I didn't at least play with it for a while in the store. I have until Jan 15th.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Once every phone out there updates to ICS, the Galaxy Nexus is not going to be anything special.

I wouldn't trade it for my RAZR...even if it was $100 less.

Reactions: AeroEngi

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the "screen door effect" will vary from person to person. Meaning some people see it and some don't. Unfortunately I see it very clearly. I showed the phone to my gf and she couldn't see it. I'm coming from the Droid X and while the colors were a bit washed out, I thought the screen looked great. I'm not saying the phone is bad or the display isn't good, but I find it distracting at times.

A bit more on the screen door effect
Screen-door effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My question is: does it looks like the entire screen is looking thru a screen door? Cuz I can see Pentile when I hold it closer than I normally do...on certain things....but I've never noticed the entire screen looking like a screen door, even when held closer. If you see that.....I would suggest getting a phone with no Pentile at all. Cuz if you see that you will see Pentile issues on the G Nex too. Already a couple of threads popping up about this with the G Nex. The Rezound would probably be a better phone for you.

And holding both my DX1 and RAZR at my normal viewing distances....I cant really tell the difference in screens except for the more colorful screen of the RAZR. Held closer its easy to tell the Pentile vs my DX1. And my DX1 looks brighter, has better whites.

Last edited:

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
What I'm surprised is getting little attention is MotoCast. Amazing program built in so that you have access to Office Docs, pix, vids, music from your PC's! on your phone. All the time! Simply amazing.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
What I'm surprised is getting little attention is MotoCast. Amazing program built in so that you have access to Office Docs, pix, vids, music from your PC's! on your phone. All the time! Simply amazing.

It only works when your computer in on, correct? Who leaves their computer on all the time? Cool service, but doesn't seem worth it.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
True. For many of us in biz, esp. with home offices, tho', they are on 24/7. I'd think there are a lot of those, actually. My screen shuts off, but the pc is on. The only time I do shut it down is when I'm out of town, so I'll just have to make sure I've grabbed all the files I'll need when I do!

But it really is cool. Like having your pc with you, except for software that the phone can't read.