Question To much security?

DroidAcct7596

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
Well, I bought a new phone a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I've left my old phone in the drawer for so long I'm not sure what the pattern code to it was, but it's easy to prove it's mine as it has the fingerprint reader active but I can't use it until I enter the pattern code... which seems really ridiculous but here we are.

So, I guess does anyone know how I can remove the pattern lock so it'll let me unlock it with the finger print? I actually need the data on it quite a bit, it's got my old authenticator on it still for my bank and a couple of game accounts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bought a new phone a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I've left my old phone in the drawer for so long I'm not sure what the pattern code to it was, but it's easy to prove it's mine as it has the fingerprint reader active but I can't use it until I enter the pattern code... which seems really ridiculous but here we are.

So, I guess does anyone know how I can remove the pattern lock so it'll let me unlock it with the finger print? I actually need the data on it quite a bit, it's got my old authenticator on it still for my bank and a couple of game accounts.
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, fingerprint is actually not considered to be super-secure, since certain fingerprint sensors can be fooled. This is why devices usually require your PIN/pattern/password intermittently.

Reactions: BerryBubbles