Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it comes out at midnight tonight...
I mean, it has to be some thing, right? I find it hard to believe that NO ONE on this forum is in the first group. Also, does any one know if they use your local time, or east coast time, or what?

Paradox

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it comes out at midnight tonight...
I mean, it has to be some thing, right? I find it hard to believe that NO ONE on this forum is in the first group. Also, does any one know if they use your local time, or east coast time, or what?

As was said before, it is completely random to prevent crashing of servers. Some think that maybe they are doing a slow leak to see if they have any issues before opening the gates..

Paradox

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they were all sent out at the same time or if it has been scattered...It seemed like it was about noon when I started finding threads that some had gotten it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay..
so I know that the notification box appears when the OTA comes to the phone..
But will there be an alert sound?
If so, I'll just keep my volume all the way up until it comes...

Anyone know if there will be a notification sound??

thank you

I usually get a notification sound when I get notification , so I "assume" everybody would get sound and a blinking LED, unless of course it does come by truck and then might be a real long loud truck horn LOL :D

PS: I am starting to have flashbacks of when I was waiting on my incredible to get shipped and posting in the "shipping thread " :p

Last edited:

Principal Skinner

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I want my Froyo

Verizon has some gaul ....they post the update on their web site ...complete with instructions ...yet no one I know or on this entire forum gets the update! Come on ...there has to be something fishy.

And why are we all guessing when it will come ? Why doesn't Big Red explain the roll out. I wasn't upset that we we didn't have FROYO, VZW owes me nothing in terms of phone updates, but once they announce it, Get It To the Customers who pay bib bucks for service and data !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peeved in 781

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
my girlfriend worked for VZW (met her when i got the Dinc, and so far she's been the best part of the phone;) ), anyways she explained to me today that updates are rolled out in small batches first, then larger. there is no pattern to who gets it first.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
my girlfriend worked for VZW (met her when i got the Dinc, and so far she's been the best part of the phone;) ), anyways she explained to me today that updates are rolled out in small batches first, then larger. there is no pattern to who gets it first.

As per your sig, did you get replacement ones when one of them forgot to make breakfast? :p

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has some gaul ....they post the update on their web site ...complete with instructions ...yet no one I know or on this entire forum gets the update! Come on ...there has to be something fishy.

And why are we all guessing when it will come ? Why doesn't Big Red explain the roll out. I wasn't upset that we we didn't have FROYO, VZW owes me nothing in terms of phone updates, but once they announce it, Get It To the Customers who pay bib bucks for service and data !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peeved in 781

Patience, Daniel-san! Several users here already have reported they have received it - there's even a minireview. And some.guys at phandroid and xda have it, too. One of the insiders reported that the roll out would only be to a few thousand (edit: oops!) people per day for the first few days, ramping up after that. So it will take a while to hit us all. We just have to wait for the notice (or for.somebody to post the update.zip file).

Last edited:

anon(2953)

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought the rumor was that the update would be pushed to roughly 10,000 phones the first day (beta release style), then 100,000 the next, and 200,000 each day after until everyone was covered.

Can't remember where I read it, though, as I've been scouring all of the forums all day for kernels of info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord