Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

sedington86

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Gah, this is motivating me to go ahead and root, but little apprehensive, and dont really want windows 7 to mess it up either. Kinda surprised I haven't gone for it already though, did hybrid os on BB all the time... maybe because this phone was so much better I didn't feel the need at first.

schwartzman93

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this has gotten so silly that I actually dreamed that I got the update and hit install before capturing the url or the .zip! In the dream I actually scrambled to shut the phone down before it finished, calling myself a fu#@$%g Noob the whole time!

Come on VZW release the location already!

;)

Lmao, i had a dream that i got the update and loaded it on the internet and was everyones hero, no joke. It makes me feel like such a dork:cool:

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, first new to the forums, but I thought I chime in on the the whole " is using the RUU update easy?"

For me it was and I don't even know what RUU means, and all this talk of rooting and oxdec (spelling) and the like it gibberish to me.

I have Win7, 64 bit. I read some got the 170 and 171 errors, and so did I. I just moved my USB cord to a different slot then back. No idea how it worked but I just clicked the .exe file, checked the 2 boxes and after a few tries it worked.

I had the HTC Sync software installed, but windows tried to install some drivers on it own and i just ignored that. When the 170 error popped up I would unplug the phone and plug it back in and it worked.

My quadrant score is around 1150, and i have heard most are higher than mine, but it is a big jump up. Got swype working and all is good.

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Despite my overall positive experiences with Verizon's support, I'm very disappointed by what's occurring with the 2.2 "roll out". The company updates its web site's DINC listing to include 2.2. Rather than making a formal announcement about existing DINCs, it chooses to use Twitter with multiple messages, allegedly from techies but with reams of conflicting messages and then a proclaimed ignorance about the details of the push to the phones. Now it's HTC that's going to do the OTA, not Verizon? This is a very cheesy way of doing business and treating your customers, especially when you've acknowledged that the upgrade will address some issues that have shown up with the DINC (none of which, of course, were publicly admitted prior to this). In looking here and over on Android Central, I'm guessing by rough extrapolation, that very few DINCs have gotten the OTA to this point. The whole process of trolling out info, pulling it back, "announcing" the OTA and then few actually seeing it after three days is pretty low rent IMHO.

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Gah, this is motivating me to go ahead and root, but little apprehensive, and dont really want windows 7 to mess it up either. Kinda surprised I haven't gone for it already though, did hybrid os on BB all the time... maybe because this phone was so much better I didn't feel the need at first.

Just do it...It's very simple, and you'll be so glad you did it. I was the same way, but made the plunge, and am enjoying every bit of it. Just read directions, follow them one step at a time, and there will be no issues.
Use this as your bible:

[ROM] Incredible Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 *Official Release* (100% stock, rooted) - xda-developers

By the way, I did this on Windows 7, without a single hang up. Also, I did not have to wipe or anything. When I say this was seamless, it was every bit of that.

sharkura

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Lmao, i had a dream that i got the update and loaded it on the internet and was everyones hero, no joke. It makes me feel like such a dork:cool:

I had a dream that I was looking at a screen full of links to places to download Froyo for different phones, including the DINC. I felt so happy. Then I realized I was just looking at androidcentral forum home page.

Not kidding. I really dreamed this.

? {?

sharkura

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Despite my overall positive experiences with Verizon's support, I'm very disappointed by what's occurring with the 2.2 "roll out". The company updates its web site's DINC listing to include 2.2. Rather than making a formal announcement about existing DINCs, it chooses to use Twitter with multiple messages, allegedly from techies but with reams of conflicting messages and then a proclaimed ignorance about the details of the push to the phones. Now it's HTC that's going to do the OTA, not Verizon? This is a very cheesy way of doing business and treating your customers, especially when you've acknowledged that the upgrade will address some issues that have shown up with the DINC (none of which, of course, were publicly admitted prior to this). In looking here and over on Android Central, I'm guessing by rough extrapolation, that very few DINCs have gotten the OTA to this point. The whole process of trolling out info, pulling it back, "announcing" the OTA and then few actually seeing it after three days is pretty low rent IMHO.

IMHO, they have repeatedly told people that it is going out, that it is a random selection process that will take about a week. IMHO, no one has any need or right to *****, even if they get it on the last day. A week. Come on, people, grow up. Verizon has not handled this as well as they could, IMHO, but, hell, I can wait a week. It's a sight better than the rumors that said by December.

This is, or course, JMHO.

? {?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this has gotten so silly that I actually dreamed that I got the update and hit install before capturing the url or the .zip! In the dream I actually scrambled to shut the phone down before it finished, calling myself a fu#@$%g Noob the whole time!

Come on VZW release the location already!

;)

I had a dream that I was looking at a screen full of links to places to download Froyo for different phones, including the DINC. I felt so happy. Then I realized I was just looking at androidcentral forum home page.

Not kidding. I really dreamed this.

? {?

I'm thinking we need to start a support group! ;) lmao

phinfan#AC

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has an answer...I would like to use RUU but I am on an apple machine and it doesn't recognize .exe format. I know there's bootcamp and parallels but was hoping for an easier (and free) way to convert to a format I could use. Thanks

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Just do it...It's very simple, and you'll be so glad you did it. I was the same way, but made the plunge, and am enjoying every bit of it. Just read directions, follow them one step at a time, and there will be no issues.
Use this as your bible:

[ROM] Incredible Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 *Official Release* (100% stock, rooted) - xda-developers

By the way, I did this on Windows 7, without a single hang up. Also, I did not have to wipe or anything. When I say this was seamless, it was every bit of that.

he so scared he gonna brick his phone just cause he so scary with it! hhahaha

:D

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This is so similar to waiting on Crackberry, hoping a new leak for 9530 or 9550 would drop....Keep hitting F5, and a lot of people committing themselves to mental institutions!

I say ROOT, get the "already official" version out, or........Wait?!?!?

busterbuster

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, they have repeatedly told people that it is going out, that it is a random selection process that will take about a week. IMHO, no one has any need or right to *****, even if they get it on the last day. A week. Come on, people, grow up. Verizon has not handled this as well as they could, IMHO, but, hell, I can wait a week. It's a sight better than the rumors that said by December.

This is, or course, JMHO.

? {?

IMHO, IMHO, IMHO, JMHO

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have followed all the instructions on the OTA, and still no update. Here is what I have done:

I have sacrifices 1 1/2 chickens. The other half is really POed, but he ain't going anywhere.

I have drank 1 quart of newt's milk, kind of tasty actually.

I have renamed my oldest son Verizon, he ain't too happy about it even if it is to the grater good of dadda's phone.

I have worn 3 different sizes of shoes, underwear (now pretty chaffed) and socks.

I have tried all 3 of the underwear and socks at the same time.

Still, no update. What have I missed? I am prepping the other half of the chicken now on the alter.

Help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv