Touch to answer feature appears to have been removed

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got the latest update from VZW today. I am now missing the touch to answer feature that I had turned on. I am pretty sure It used to be in the accessibility menu.

Has anyone else noticed it gone after the update?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The option has definitely been removed. I did find an option to use the volume up button to answer an incoming call. Also the option to end a call with the power button. I'm going to give these a try and see how it goes.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I did a search in the settings menu with no luck prior to my post. I did it again after seeing the exact naming of the function, it is gone. That is too bad. Guess I will put in a complaint with VZW since it appears their software version is the one to have it removed.

Thanks for the replies.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did a search in the settings menu with no luck prior to my post. I did it again after seeing the exact naming of the function, it is gone. That is too bad. Guess I will put in a complaint with VZW since it appears their software version is the one to have it removed.

Thanks for the replies.
This probably not from Samsung but Verizon end .

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Agree, that is why I stated VZW for the complaint.

Not that I expect to get a resolution, but if I do, I will share.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so a quick Google search gave some interesting info.

In the accessibility menu\interaction and dexterity. You have to activate the assistant menu and tap to swipe is in there.

The only bad thing, then you have the stupid accessibility menu floating icon to deal with.

This seems like a stupid change.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so a quick Google search gave some interesting info.

In the accessibility menu\interaction and dexterity. You have to activate the assistant menu and tap to swipe is in there.

The only bad thing, then you have the stupid accessibility menu floating icon to deal with.

This seems like a stupid change.

Yeah noticed I don't have that option. How exactly do you active it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thola051ll