Trading in phone for purchase of new phone

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So I went into a corporate store to trade in my s6 towards a new phone. When I traded in my Sony z3v in January for a new phone, the store rep immediately applied my trade in value toward the purchase of my new phone. So I only paid the difference between the 2. When I went in last weekend to do this, they told me that the stores can't do this anymore and I would have to buy the phone at full price, then get my gift card later? Huh?

Posted via the Android Central App

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I went into a corporate store to trade in my s6 towards a new phone. When I traded in my Sony z3v in January for a new phone, the store rep immediately applied my trade in value toward the purchase of my new phone. So I only paid the difference between the 2. When I went in last weekend to do this, they told me that the stores can't do this anymore and I would have to buy the phone at full price, then get my gift card later? Huh?

Don't trade your s6 information a gift card, they'll give you beans for it. Try an alternative route like swappa, I've sold my phones there for a year now and it's great. Then use the money toward the one you want.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't tell them anything, just come in and trade in the phone then they will give you the gift card. At least they did it a while back. Once you get the gc, use that to pay for the new phone

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was trading it in for an G4. They were going to give me $385 for it. I was fine with that. When the sales person told me they would send me a giftcard, I said no thanks. I would use Swappa but I don't like the idea of PayPal payments.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When I did it, it took a few minutes to get the gift card, but that was late last year

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky