Transfer call from Pixel Watch to Pixel phone

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did ask this in the Pixel Watch subforum but since it does not get much traffic, I thought since it was applicable to my Pixel 6 Pro, I'd ask here.

This morning the phone was in another room and I answered on my Pixel Watch. Frankly, the audio quality leaves something to be desired but my friend and I persisted for about 10 minutes. But I could not see a method to transfer the call to the phone after answering on the watch. I might have missed something but I looked on the phone and there was no option other than MUTE or I think, Add-a-call (a + sign and call).

Now after the fact I found that I had not yet entered the numeric UNLOCK to the watch so maybe functions were limited.

Can you transfer/move a call from watch to phone and if so, HOW?

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I did ask this in the Pixel Watch subforum but since it does not get much traffic, I thought since it was applicable to my Pixel 6 Pro, I'd ask here.

This morning the phone was in another room and I answered on my Pixel Watch. Frankly, the audio quality leaves something to be desired but my friend and I persisted for about 10 minutes. But I could not see a method to transfer the call to the phone after answering on the watch. I might have missed something but I looked on the phone and there was no option other than MUTE or I think, Add-a-call (a + sign and call).

Now after the fact I found that I had not yet entered the numeric UNLOCK to the watch so maybe functions were limited.

Can you transfer/move a call from watch to phone and if so, HOW?
When I answer a call on the watch, the watch is acting more like a speaker than a separate device. In other words, I don't need to "transfer" the call to phone so much as I simply need to select the phone, rather than the watch, just as if the watch were a bluetooth headset I was wearing. I simply open the phone app on the phone, and it shows me the active call, and then I choose to switch the call from the watch to the phone from within the phone app from a little pop-up that is shown. Hopefully that makes sense...

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I answer a call on the watch, the watch is acting more like a speaker than a separate device. In other words, I don't need to "transfer" the call to phone so much as I simply need to select the phone, rather than the watch, just as if the watch were a bluetooth headset I was wearing. I simply open the phone app on the phone, and it shows me the active call, and then I choose to switch the call from the watch to the phone from within the phone app from a little pop-up that is shown. Hopefully that makes sense...
I will experiment and see if it makes sense. I plan on callng from my landline and playing around. THANKS.