Transfer photos to SD card??

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a roughly 2 year old DINC2 with a 14GB SD card that is basically empty, even after moving numerous apps to it, and a large number of photos that are filling up the internal memory. I suppose I can delete them but I'd like to move them to that 14GB card. Apparently on the original DINC (I did some research) there was a camera setting that said, put the photos on the SD card, but there's no such setting on the DINC2. I looked. I've been through Manage Apps under Settings, and there are no storage instructions for the camera. The option to move the app to the SD card is grayed out for the camera. Is this just a way for Verizon to sell you a new bigger phone?

Is there any way to move photos from internal storage to the SD card or do I simply have to delete the older photos off the phone? Given I'm already getting "you're short on storage" messages, I hesitate to add a file manager app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moving photos from internal storage to the SD card is easy. You can try a few different ways:

1. Connect your phone to your computer via USB, and wait for the computer to recognize the phone as an external drive. If that doesn't happen, on your phone, swipe down the notification shade, tap the USB connection option, and select "Disk Drive." Then use Windows Explorer on your computer to drag and drop your photos from Internal Storage to the SD card. The directory on Internal Storage with the photos should be /DCIM/Camera. I suggest creating a similar folder on the SD card to move the photos to, although you could also just make a folder called "Photos."

2. Install AirDroid on your phone, which allows your computer to access the phone's storage over wifi, and makes it easy to move files around using a desktop interface.

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a chance to try this. (It's been crazy...) I can connect the phone as a disk drive and look at it in Windows Explorer but I don't see anything that I can clearly identify as the SD card. I have a long list of filenames starting with .android_secure and ending with yume_android_sdk. There's no folder that clearly identifies itself as "storage" or "SD Card" or anything. What should I be looking for??

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I think we can close this. I gave up and bought a Motorola Droid MAXX today. Off to that forum to solve another problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174