Transfering contacts to Moto G?

Jonzjob

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am totally new to the world of smart phones and have just got a Moto G. I now want to transfere my contacts from my Nokia C2-05 to my new toy. I have tried to find out how but with no joy. Can anyone please tell me how I can do it as I don't really want to spend time tryping each one in!!

Here's hoping?? and ta in advance.

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
try using Motorola Migrate app and follow the prompts. Will need to add this to your old phone too maybe?
May only work with other android phones but may work with Nokia.

Jonzjob

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Unless I'm doing everything wrong Moto Migrate doesn't recognise the Nokia? It's a simple slide phone and about as smart as me, i.e. not! I have tried a google search to finr a way, but none show up.

Is it possible to drag/drop the contacts from the Nokia onto my MacBook and from there to the Moto G? If I can find them on the Nokia that is?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
1. Most phones have the option to send the contacts as vcf using Bluetooth.. Try that way
2. You could Sync your Google account but I don't think that slide Nokia would have that...
3. Move your contacts to the Sim card and then take them out in your G
4. Try to find an app on the Nokia that makes a vcf backup of your contacts and send it to your G

Posted via Android Central App

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I use Google Contacts. I use my desktop computer to manage my contacts and the contacts will update to all my mobile devices automatically as long as I'm logged into my Google account.
You should be able to export you present contacts and then import into Google Contacts.

GreyLike

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You could also save your contacts to the sim. Only if they do not exceed a certain number.
Well i did it because i was using Nokia 1100 :D

AndroidNewby

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd go VCF to Google Contacts, then sync that with the phone. Makes editing/cleaning up and maintaining easier IMO.
I'm also very new to smartphones and Google etc. I have to transfer my contacts from a Nokia 6300 to my MotoG. I'd like to try your method, but where will I find Google Contacts, please?
Thanks
AndroidNewbie

16:52 OK - don't bother. I've found it (by Googling!)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm also very new to smartphones and Google etc. I have to transfer my contacts from a Nokia 6300 to my MotoG. I'd like to try your method, but where will I find Google Contacts, please?
Thanks
AndroidNewbie

16:52 OK - don't bother. I've found it (by Googling!)

:)

For the record, it's in Contacts within Gmail.

AndroidNewby

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting quite impressed by the 'smartness' of smartphones! I couldn't get my Nokia to export contacts at all, so I exported my Outlook contacts to a CSV file and then uploaded to Google Contacts. When I switched on my MotoG this morning, all the contacts appeared without me doing anything. Smart.
Now I've got to get rid of the dross which has accumulated over the years in Outlook!
AndroidNewbie

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
How about transferring from a Blackberry 8520

1. Theres an App in the store that creates a cvf file I think
2. Go to your Bluetooth and press the menu bottom, pair with your android device and in the menu you should see something like "send contacts"
And it will send all your contacts via bluetooth

Posted via Android Central App

lesmack1

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Have done it after some 2 hours and heartache via my Google account, but haven,t a clue how I managed it. First of all tried, the download in the threads above, but had no luck then as I said before stumbled my way around Google and managed it.

Last edited:

Tg Mohan

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
From my experience,the simplest way to transfer contacts from Blackberry to moto g is to use "Migrate" apps.Just follow the prompts and you will go through a smooth process of transfer.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The winning answer for me, very much pre-Migrate with my old Windows Mobile Treo 700wx, was Treo -> Google Contacts -> Sync to Android (the original Droid at that time).

I THINK there was actually a Windows Mobile app for the first step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao