Transformer 3.1 update. Here it is.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get the notice for my dock either... although I had gotten an update for it earlier on Saturday value OTA.

Sent from Bumblebee, my Asus Transformer using TapaTalk.

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Followed the Instructions and it all loaded perfectly including the Keyboard upgrade- everything running smoothly- including my ASUAS syncing with my PC - finally ! Couldn't get it to sync before this!

Thanks to all for the posts !

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I didn't get the notice for my dock either... although I had gotten an update for it earlier on Saturday value OTA.

Sent from Bumblebee, my Asus Transformer using TapaTalk.

Keep your eyes on the right lower corner status area- the icon just to the left of the battery status- touch it and you should get a list of messages- one should be about the Keyboard upgrade-- it should give you an option to proceed-

Worked fine for me :)

yangabanga

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both update methods and every time I get the unpacking icon for a moment, then the "exclamation point" icon. It stays on that icon for a minute or so then reboots and I'm right back where I started with 3.01 Fortunately it doesn't reset my data. If I use the ASUS/Update folder method where you rename the zip, when it reboots it tells me the update was successful even though it wasn't. To try that method again, I have to rename the file on the SD card to something else then back again before it will recognize it again. Any thoughts?

Same happened to me turned out it did not copy onto the sd card correctly... recopied and it worked.

However, has anyone else noticed more crashes from older non tablet apps? I'm thinking about rolling back. FPSE in particular crashes a lot more and I can't get my PSX on!

Has anyone rolled back?

Last edited:

Skull Leader

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I put the file int the root directory of the sd card. Worked great.

Not sure why it didn't work as recommended in the OP. I too had the exclamation point and the little Android robot until I stuck it in the rood directory.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
no movies? If movies are exclusive to xoom for now then google is just pure dumb. I guess google is just hurting no one but themselves, another reason people buy ipad 2. I hate ipad but these unequal treatments and missing features from one tablet to another is the reason more people buy ipad.

Hulu, Netflix always come last to android thanks to fragmentation. I bet it is a long time before netflix releases an app for honeycomb. I dont believe the crap about it is being processor limited, you pay for that crap monthly to stream.

Last edited:

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Well OTA is scheduled to hit today... dunno about the links, but at this point it might not be worth it to mess with manual install...

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Well OTA is scheduled to hit today... dunno about the links, but at this point it might not be worth it to mess with manual install...

I would never touch it. I own an Evo 4G and I saw what happened when people called themselves doing an end run around the official update. A lot of them ended up coming with hat in hand back to the manufacturer for help.

rakibby

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I would never touch it. I own an Evo 4G and I saw what happened when people called themselves doing an end run around the official update. A lot of them ended up coming with hat in hand back to the manufacturer for help.

are you saying the offical update of 3.1 isn't any good? Not sure I understand you english...

ASUSFAN0001

May 28, 2011
Visit site
are you saying the offical update of 3.1 isn't any good? Not sure I understand you english...
I didn't read that poster's comments that way - he seemed to be saying that taking an early version of 3.1 was an "end around" process which could lead to issues that might not be worth the hassle.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me clarify:

I would not touch the EARLY update. Many Evo owners did this before the Evo got Android 2.2 and it ended up in disaster for many. I wait, got the official update, and everything was cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19