Trying to get 2012 nexus 7 wifi only on 4.4.4. back to stock

jabwtv

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 nexus 7 wifi only on 4.4.4.that I am trying to get back to stock,how do I do that using the Nexus Root Toolkit? or is there an easier way.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

So your Nexus 7 was updated to Android 4.4.4? Is it stock w/ locked bootloader?

Before we get into the details which version of Android are you wishing to return to?

Yes you can use Nexus Root Toolkit like Wugsfresh or you can do it manually which requires some more work but if your the techy type is fun to learn and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you've successfully done it.

For what its worth, you only need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash the factory images. Completing the root process is not required unless you want to flash custom ROMs or use root access to add a custom recovery to do things like make full system backups or do some other basic root related options.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2012 nexus 7 wifi only on 4.4.4.that I am trying to get back to stock,how do I do that using the Nexus Root Toolkit? or is there an easier way.

Well... the NRT is, by a wide margin, the easiest means to do ANYTHING low-level on any of the supported devices. But you really should do a little reading on how to flash stock images manually (via ADB/Android SDK) before you start doing anything with the toolkit. I've used the NRT plenty to save myself some time and have yet to run into an issue, but if something did go wrong, I also know exactly what it is doing and why it is doing it.... so I can recover easily. I've read way too many posts about people torquing up their phones with toolkits and had no idea what they were doing.

Oh, There are people around here that think toolkits are the work of the devil and that everything should be done via adb and fastboot commands on a IBM Model M keyboard.... but I kind of views those people the same way I think of those steampunk hipsters who insist on using straight razors and hand wash their cloths with one of those corrugated washing boards.... :p.

Toolkits are like power tools. Extremely useful and if you know what you are doing, your frosty... if you don't, you are going to cut your hands off.

But here are the steps (with NRT):

1) Plug in your phone and click "Flash Stock + Unroot".
.... wait for it to finish
2) Click OEM Lock

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson