Un-Brick method for SOME forms of brick

djoel81

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Drew (whoever you are) I'm told you're the guy that can help a total screw up. If you're out there I could use a miracle...a step by step miracle:-[

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Drew (whoever you are) I'm told you're the guy that can help a total screw up. If you're out there I could use a miracle...a step by step miracle:-[

A lot of people here are helpful and knowledgeable! Someone can probably help you. Try to be patient. i know it can be tough when you're in a jam.... But there are many threads in which people have done the same thing as you and have posted about it. I suggest using thus downtime to read up and see if you can accomplish something on your own. There is certainly steps on how to fix this in a couple threads. I wish you luck and I hope this helps!!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When ever I see the words "rom manager" I think of that song Another one bites the dust.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this! I did the clear through Menu like an idiot while trying to revert back to stock so I could sell the phone... this worked great to unbrick me!

djoel81

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people here are helpful and knowledgeable! Someone can probably help you. Try to be patient. i know it can be tough when you're in a jam.... But there are many threads in which people have done the same thing as you and have posted about it. I suggest using thus downtime to read up and see if you can accomplish something on your own. There is certainly steps on how to fix this in a couple threads. I wish you luck and I hope this helps!!

I know and I appreciate everyone else sounding off on what has worked and what hasn't. This is a very helpful community. I just hope I can get my phone up and going again so I can continue to read and try some of things mentioned. I also do not want to go back to blackberry purgatory.

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
djoel81, I know this may not be of much help but I got that same fatal error when I unbricked mine. I just kept starting the process over. It took several times but finally worked. I also went into the device manager and deleted the LG entry under modems, and rebooted my computer after the error. That seemed to clear it out to start over.

AshAshPixieDust

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
the link is broken. I know this is an old thread but my phone won't go past lg screen and I can't get into recovery either :/ (it's the second link I can't get)

Also, KP500 doesn't show any words, all I see are ???.. I deleted and redid it twice. I am trying to see if I can substitute V9 for VC but because KP isn't working properly i'm not certain if it will or will not work.

UPDATE. I managed to get the Updater tool to download correctly. I am now having another issue. I get to the part where I plug my phone in with the emergency mode and then restart the program. The program loads for a while and then freezes and terminates. I am using V9 because I could not get a later version.

Last edited:

Zari

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I totally -insert F-bomb-ed my phone. I had only got to lg splash then black no matter what, then I tried to use KP500 to flash v9/vc/vd whatever onto the phone and i get to the download phase and then it crashes. Now I just sit on Download in progress do not disconnect cord.

I've tried on my laptop to do the same thing same everything just coppied over with a usb and it gets to update then i cant read it cuz the whole time its all ??? ??? ??? and etc.

Anybody that can help. I'd much appreciate it

Screen shot in following post due to posting rules

Zari

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Problem.jpg

progress made after switching to windows xp compatibility mode, I'm on vista
problem1.jpg

Last edited:

Zari

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re solved after many attempts. Took me two days to get it right. I used ZVD and after about my 3rd attempt with it, It worked got me to recovery flashed a ZVD OTA update.zip via recovery and now its good as new

djnoname

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I got a non-working Optimus S. It boots to the Sprint Logo and then hangs. I have properly installed LGNPST and have the .tot file. I begin the reflashing, it says "Sub Progressing Masterbin" It gets to 29% then says:
Process: Upgrade_Masterbin
SubProc: Masterbin Download
Cause: The number of Bad block exceeded the limit! Please replace flash.

Can anyone help?

lmilli94

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
hey im a noob with all of this stuff. i tried to root my optimus s ls670zvd. i rooted it okay with gingerbreak and i didnt read the no rom manager thing and i went into settings and tried to reset my phone. now its stuck on the lg loop. no recovery only emergency mode. ive tried everything. sdk manager, kp500 with the lg670zvc but it just keeps goin back to the loop.

help me please!!!!!!!