Unable to transfer Photos/videos from Quickpick and Google Photos from my One Plus Two to my Laptop

ashokad71

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
As you will kindly observe from the attached screen Shot for Google Drive,that my other files ( Photos ) are also shown under the Deleted subject video files.
This morning, when I renamed some of the files by deleting name of subject folder ( Sur nava __ ), I could REDUCED STORAGE UTILISATION. ( From 99% Full to 68% Full. ). But there are two problems. First it is difficult and Time consuming to modify so many files. Secondly all these files are assorted and are located under different location. I am even finding difficult to do so.
2. This 15% limit for Cloud storage, is in addition to usual 15% limit in Google Drive ?
Shall appreciate your guidance, as usual.Screenshot- Google Drive for Android central.jpgScreenshot- Google Drive for Android central.jpg

ashokad71

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.Sorry for delay.
Yes, it seems I have messed up the whole thing. I first created sub Folder, named it as XXX, under main Folder,'C' drive in My laptop. Then similarly, I created sub folder, under main folder Movies, in internal storage of android mobile, and gave the same name i.e. XXX. Then I directly transferred /saved,this XXX from my laptop to above XXX folder, to internal Storage of my android. Later on I copied this to Google Drive (My Drive ).
Now when I transfer the subject folder, with modifications, from Flash Drive/laptop,again, sholud I reorganise/save the files/folder, the way you have suggested? i.e save directly to New folder, to be created,in google Drive ? or to any other location like Google photos or so for easy access? Please advice.
Meanwhile , I manually renamed all files, in Drive, which were not part of subject folder XXX .Those which were part of subject folder have been deleted.
Meanwhile,can I delete the files from earlier destinations, Internal Storage/My drive, after those are saved to other places?

Thanks and regards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is getting increasingly confusing. What I recommend is for you to first create the folder structure in Google Drive that you prefer, then upload your video files to the appropriate folders. You should be able to do all of this from your computer browser.

ashokad71

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I know I have messed up the whole thing. Any way I shall follow your guidance and hope to sort out the problem.
Once again sorry that have troubled you a lot you.
Thanks and regards