Underrated feature

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how many of you play games on your S23's. But this feature of being able to bypass the battery while plugged in and gaming is so nice. It keeps the temperature down and performance up. I occasionally play Pubg mobile, as long as my old eyes can stand it, and this keeps the phone from heating up and hurting the performance. To my knowledge, I don't know if the Tablets have this feature or not.

I have played pubg ever since it came out in 2017 and it is a heavy game and not many devices can keep up with it. It definitely plays very smooth on my S23 ultra compared to my Pixel 7 pro and Tab S8 that I no longer have. I can even bump up the frame rate in the game to 90fps. This is the first phone I've had that can do that.

Again, I can't play for as long as I used to because my vision at 46 is not as good as it used to be. I wear contacts and glasses and sometimes will try playing it with no lenses or glasses on as I'm near sighted.

You know you're getting too old to play mobile games when you start wondering if reading glasses would help when you are playing games on your phone.
bbbbe9d17490336b1459cac32cc61761.jpg

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The Sony Xperia's also do this. However, one benefit that the Sony offers that the S23U apparently does not (I tried it and NO BUENO) is that the Sony allows you to add the MAPS app to the gaming feature thereby letting you bypass the battery while using maps and having your phone plugged in while driving!!!!!
Not sure if Android Auto can do the same thing.
I tried adding MAPS to the Game feature on the S23U and I couldn't get it to work.
Maybe someone else could try?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The Sony Xperia's also do this. However, one benefit that the Sony offers that the S23U apparently does not (I tried it and NO BUENO) is that the Sony allows you to add the MAPS app to the gaming feature thereby letting you bypass the battery while using maps and having your phone plugged in while driving!!!!!
I tried adding MAPS to the Game feature on the S23U and I couldn't get it to work.
I'll definitely try it and report back.

Maps doesn't even show up as an app to add into the Game launcher.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried it on my S22 Ultra, which also has this feature. I couldn't add Google Maps. I added Waze and got a message that it's not a game and some features won't work.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I'm on a s23u (spectrum service), I searched in settings and couldn't find this feature anywhere can someone let me know where in the settings I should try looking. I play csr2 and stay plugged in while playing and even though u can't feel my phone getting warm I like the idea of not stressing my phone by constantly charging

Thanks in advance

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a s23u (spectrum service), I searched in settings and couldn't find this feature anywhere can someone let me know where in the settings I should try looking. I play csr2 and stay plugged in while playing and even though u can't feel my phone getting warm I like the idea of not stressing my phone by constantly charging

Thanks in advance
It's in Game launcher. Once you open the game, swipe down on your notifications, tap game booster notification. In there you'll find the setting. You have to be plugged in to be able to toggle it on.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried it on my S22 Ultra, which also has this feature. I couldn't add Google Maps. I added Waze and got a message that it's not a game and some features won't work.
I do not use Waze - yet. Can you test and see if Waze works as expected while using the game booster and whether you're able to bypass the battery while plugged in and driving? TY!

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
It's in Game launcher. Once you open the game, swipe down on your notifications, tap game booster notification. In there you'll find the setting. You have to be plugged in to be able to toggle it on.
Thank you I'm going to give it a try in a little while when I'm playing the gams.

Thanks for bringing this feature to our attention

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter