Unlocked Help

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So I bought a used Galaxy S20+ unlocked. The previous carrier was Verizon, however, im with AT&T. Powered on and the Verizon logo came up. Went to AT&T and explained and got a new SIM card. Rebooted and the same thing. The device recognizes it has an AT&T SIM card but the device still shows Verizon. Called Verizon and they advised it's not locked and they don't have it locked and it's not blacklisted.
Any ideas or help or am I just needing to send it back to the place I got it from? The place is reputable and came with instructions on what to expect and how to proceed.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's unlocked as you can use your Att Sim, fun y thi gs happen with Verizon models , normally it would reboot to configure carriers settings including splash screen but Verizon odd one out lol but Att and t-mobile change . Can flash the unlocked firmware and get Samsung splash screen

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone actually work for phone calls, texts, and mobile data with the AT&T SIM? If so, and if you don't want to flash the unlocked firmware as mustang7757 suggested, I would just use it. The Verizon splash screen might just be part of the firmware and will remain no matter which SIM you use. There might also be preinstalled Verizon bloatware that you can't uninstall (unless you root the phone or flash a different firmware).