Unlocked S10+ still shows ATT information in settings

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My S10+ was purchased through ATT business, and was unlocked remotely and moved to Spectrum. After the unlock, it still shows the ATT splash screen on boot, which I understand is normal.

However, there are still things in the settings like "AT&T Mobile network diagnostics", and under the mobile data settings, the enable option is "Enable mobile data for apps and services such as email, web browsing, AT&T Video Call, ...", and other such references in the settings, along with some ATT Apps. Another S10+ that was purchased at the same time, same place, on the same account, unlocked the same way, does not show this, and it also has some other minor differences in the settings menus (sliders instead of checkboxes, etc.).

Are these differences just another part of the AT&T splash?

Spectrum recently updated their networks, and ever since then I cannot use mobile data (but can still call and text), and they have not been able to figure out the reason. The other phone still works just fine. I'm curious if it's related to this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Carriers will include their own apps and features in the firmware of carrier-specific phones -- those typically don't go away, even if you unlock them. And even if you do unlock the phone, that's no guarantee it'll work on another network. There might be some network band compatibility issue, or the new carrier might not have certified your phone to work on their system.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001