Unpopular Opinion but....

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the idea of a curved screen. I always thought it was silly and weak spot for easily shattering the glass.

I did end up with an S8 and S9, both with sides that were curved. And my dislike was verified. I only got the S9 because the S8 screen shattered with one drop. Even with a case, the edge wasn't protected enough and a small pebble hit it at just the right spot on the curve to take it out.

The S9 is still fine today and my son uses it now. My next phone, an S20 FE with its flat screen, is so much more comfortable to type on. No longer have to see half the keyboard letters on either side roll partially off the edges.

Just pre-ordered the S24+.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I held on to my Note 20 for a long time and didn't upgrade because of the curved display on the Ultra's. I moved my Note 20 to my work phone and bought a Pixel 7 for my personal phone. The reception issues of the Pixel 7 were so bad that I was ready to come back to Samsung and bought a S23 Ultra 1.5 months ago at a good price so I could use it to trade in for a S24 Ultra because the S24 was getting a flat screen. Made a few hundred $ on trading the S23 in and am looking forward to the flat display.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate the look of content flowing into curves when I swipe between screens and also love using edge panels on curved screens. Flat screen is definitely better for Spen and so I don't mind it. Maybe curved screens on S24+ and S24 is a good move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djglover7