Unresponsive Touch Screen - trying to access phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi

I have an Honor 10 that all of a sudden stopped responding to touch screen inputs. The volume and power button works still.

Here's what I've done so far:

- tried booting into safe mode
- tried using a USB mouse - but it doesn't seem to even power the mouse (OTG cable and mouse checked on 2 other phones)
- tried going into one of the back up modes, but it requires a WiFi connection that I can't connect to because I can't select the WiFi network.
- tried backing it up via pc, but phone is locked so not a lot I can salvage.

The phone hasn't been damaged, the screen just stopped working and became apparent when I tried to answer a call.

As usual, there's a few recent photos etc I really don't want to lose. Not that I can do a hard reset as you need to type in "yes" which obviously can't be done.

Sending it to Huawei is an option but really don't want the phone wiped.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like either the touchscreen digitizer has failed, or there might be a loose connection. Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, power the phone down, remove the card, and insert it into your computer to see if the photos might have been saving there by default.

joshma

Nov 1, 2020
Visit site
Thank you. I fear you may be right and that it is a hardware issue. Interestingly, there is a slight rattle if you tap the upper side of the rear by the camera. A loose connection of some sort would probably make more sense given it all of a sudden stopped?

There's no SD card in that phone sadly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere