Update #2 L710VPLG2

toddbee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The apk file does work and fix the searching, but once you reboot it goes away and needs to be installed again. Is there a fix for this?

vetti2u

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for this patch!! It works perfectly and I definitely needed it because I've been using this function since my days owning a Palm Pre, so I would have been really pissed if there wasn't a work around.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
darn..you are right

i don't know...

maybe to root and replace the system file with the old one?

And this is how the carriers and manufacturers literally force people to root. I hadn't planned on doing it just yet (in spite of having a rooted Evo 4G before the S3). Now... I want my phone fixed.....

ardem23

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see a resolution. I'm moving from WebOS to Android at the beginning of August and I would miss the ability to search for contacts/apps/and web at the same time.
Same here. Just got the SGSlll. Still learning how to use android. WebOS so much easyer to use it.

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, delete the old search apk in the system/app folder. Install the one posted here in your system/app folder. Boot to CWM and fix permissions. Now it's there even after rebooting.

thanks! I'm learning a lot over here!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, delete the old search apk in the system/app folder. Install the one posted here in your system/app folder. Boot to CWM and fix permissions. Now it's there even after rebooting.

can you elaborate on how to fix permissions? thanks

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It's ironic. I went ahead and allowed the system update. While it was updating, a message flashed on the screen and stated "Android is updating". I think it should actually read "Android is downgrading".

I seem to recall that my Epic 4g had universal search when using the Google search box. Wonder why they didn't deactivate it when Apple came out with their lawsuits?

Hopefully, a future system update will return the full functionality of the Google search box.

jtb168

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having wifi issues after the update. My wife's phone won't open Web pages and she's out of town so I can't look at it.