Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

The silence from Sarge and Zmann today has been deafening. Is a mic drop in our near future? ? :cool:

Well tbh I expected something today...since that's what showed in the doc i saw... Was more official than the thing posted here... Though the fact it had the last 2 digits of the soft version still as "XX" meant that they were still testing some things and is understandable for slipping this date for that reason...if something came up...

Should see something sooner than later I'd guess... Though the later into the end of the month I'd guess the more likelihood of just holding till Jan/Feb and possibly pushing 4.1.2 instead maybe...dunno yet haven't looked much into that tbh...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately if that rumor that 'issues were found' so it was held/pulled is true...then the our chances of seeing this update as fast as we want may not be possible....i was hoping to get it by end of this week....blah im giving up....yet i cant seem to stop checking this thread...so i guess im a addict that admits it.

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

OK so here's what my 20 day harassment of HTC has lead me to find out. Yes there are actually tecs that know their s@*t and I found one of them. Yes there was a 3.15.651.11 release on the 15th (software patch for contacts in Ivan) pulled because it didn't work. Yes jellybean is being released for the HTC evo 4g lte. HTC has given up on the patch because it's release date would be past date wise from the jellybean update. They areinstead focusing on fixing all jellybean flaws they can find in jellybean before the release because HTC. Needs to save their a@s's after the 2.13.651.11 blunder. HTC only tells tecs 1 week Max before an update comes out. Note this part "the tech got off the phone with me and personally called me from a private # to say that they got an email saying that jellybean is arriving then we bull should!!ed

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Sry phones glitching out. As I was saying bsed abt phone specs and HTC policies. But either way looks like if u want 2 have them confirm the jb update ask them 2 check their email from corporate! They should all have an email saying 2 let ppl know it's coming but No answer on deadline or release date. On a side note it will be jb 4.1.1 with "evaluation on the evo 4g lte profile for the 4.2 build in the future

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

OK so here's what my 20 day harassment of HTC has lead me to find out. Yes there are actually tecs that know their s@*t and I found one of them. Yes there was a 3.15.651.11 release on the 15th (software patch for contacts in Ivan) pulled because it didn't work. Yes jellybean is being released for the HTC evo 4g lte. HTC has given up on the patch because it's release date would be past date wise from the jellybean update. They areinstead focusing on fixing all jellybean flaws they can find in jellybean before the release because HTC. Needs to save their a@s's after the 2.13.651.11 blunder. HTC only tells tecs 1 week Max before an update comes out. Note this part "the tech got off the phone with me and personally called me from a private # to say that they got an email saying that jellybean is arriving then we bull should!!ed

I called and spoke to a tech and they didn't know anything I asked if they could check their corp. Email to check and she said she didn't see anything. Anyone else want to call and see where they get

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I called and spoke to a tech and they didn't know anything I asked if they could check their corp. Email to check and she said she didn't see anything. Anyone else want to call and see where they get

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Maybe it will leak

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sorry but there wouldn't be a 3.XX.651.XX software release that would be contact fix unless it WAS JB. They won't bump the first digit less it was major update.

Now as far as telling HTC techs 1 week before release.... I can buy that, though sprint will know before that bc they are the ones that tell HTC when they are okay with the build to allow it for OTA...

Cool dude though to call u personally.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Ur right abt the software # being wrong. I just know that she didn't reiterate things I said. She pointed out these things and said some of it she wasn't supposed to say yet. Hence calling me from her phone.but with everything we talked abt I may have the ics fix number mixed up with the build # for jb. Had a 2 hour long phone call relating towards the entire 1x line and abt the DNA specs. We talked for a long time as well abt the HTC dev root tool and why it voids HTC warranty if it's an HTC product. Turns out it's 3rd party given resources from HTC and HTC approved but not developed by or for HTC in specific "meaning it's not an HTC product" voiding our warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001