Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Well, I have had to wipe and then reload my contacts storage data 3 times since this thread started in order to get People, Contacts, and Voicemail to work for a week at a time. Data in contacts storage starts at 7 MB and then doubles in a few days and eventually triples to 25 MB at which point the whole phone bogs down. So long as the update fixes that, I will be happy and will eat Jelly Beans for the winter holidays. Hopefully Jelly Bean arrives before Easter.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I think that this has become the de facto ƎVO thread. We don't really need the rest of the forum for anything at this point. We have discussed the bugs with the last update, the impending JB update, the possibility of the next JB update to 4.2, the Key Lime Pie update (I hope they change that. It sounds so stupid), people and their "trusted" sources, the fact that this thread seems to be the "trusted source" for other sites.

We've discussed battery life, rooting, rooting instructions, S-on S-off, different ROMs, camera issues on CM10 and MeanROM, the politics of HTC and Sprint, T-Mo's price plans, Samsung devices, the Sprint twitter account, Phil coming to this thread, Jerry NOT coming to this thread, the lack of respect for this epic thread. I'm also pretty sure some babies have been conceived while this thread has been growing, a la Woodstock.

We've all padded our post counts, talked of the demise of the InsideSprintNow guy, issues with AT&T and their JB updates, seen the Loch Ness monster (page 11 - check it out), extolled the virtues of XDA and all of the developers out there, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, Android fragmentation - pros and cons, posts with horrible grammar and punctuation (yes, it matters folks! Have some pride in yourself.), HTC and the update process, who really pushes out the OTA and hatred for Apple.

We've seen Fred Sanford and Cartman, along with John Stewart, several new users made their first posts here and learned some ins and outs of Google Now, the differences between GSM and CDMA and what it means for the Nexus devices out there, Sprint and the LTE rollout, the magic HTC fairy in Arizona, Siri sucks, liver failure, iPhone and GS3 activations, the fact that half of our wives have a Nexus or GS3 w/JB already and last but certainly not least - bloody mary recipes. Hallelujah! Holy S#@t! (just to keep everyone in the Christmas spirit)

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.

Yeah, what he said but with cuss words.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Well, I have had to wipe and then reload my contacts storage data 3 times since this thread started in order to get People, Contacts, and Voicemail to work for a week at a time. Data in contacts storage starts at 7 MB and then doubles in a few days and eventually triples to 25 MB at which point the whole phone bogs down. So long as the update fixes that, I will be happy and will eat Jelly Beans for the winter holidays. Hopefully Jelly Bean arrives before Easter.

Don't sync with facebook

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

What a coincidence.....AC just did an article on the best wine apps, and some of you were just discussing drinking,lol.

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I wonder how many server hits have occurred since 11/14 specifically for "check for updates?" Speaking only for myself, 9123 times.

Server monitor at HTC: "ok who the hell said something in the forums again about the update?" as the systems go down due to erratic spikes of us checking for updates constantly.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.

LOL, not even close. There was a thread on Acurazine awhile back that blew up all over the fora. Some dude complained about his wife complaining about all the time and money he spends on his car, she found the thread and completely OWNED him, hilarity ensues. People were checking in from all over the world to witness the carnage and it nearly crashed their servers from all the traffic. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it! My wife and my side chick aka my tl
Ownage occurs on post 44, OP tries to defend himself only to make things worse, hilarity ensues. I remember trying to keep up with it in real time and it was literally impossible.

Last edited:

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

LOL, not even close. There was a thread on Acurazine awhile back that blew up all over the fora. Some dude complained about his wife complaining about all the time and money he spends on his car, she found the thread and completely OWNED him, hilarity ensues. People were checking in from all over the world to witness the carnage and it nearly crashed their servers from all the traffic. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'd like to see this.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Provolone please!!!! Goes good with my Zinfandel.

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Something strange going on with update checks now every time I try it......instead of coming back with "No update available", it has started coming back with a random pattern of one of these ....."Bwahahahah" ..."Bite me"..."LOL-LOL"....or...."Kiss my A$$".....I can't quite figure it all out.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

I was pissed off about my EVO not receiving JB so I started to read this thread. After countless minutes of laughing I damn near forgot why I was pissed off

GREATEST THREAD EVER!!!

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

It's better than nothing. Lte & jb this month Sprint!

Gonna drink wine and speedtest lte sat night. In LA

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

that article said zip about when an update was coming or even if one was. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I was meaning more in that phone software should be treated like pc software. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the new OS's as soon as it comes out. Then let the phone manufacturer make apps/drivers for whatever they'd like to add after the fact. If I want to get Windows 8 on my desktop I do not have to wait for HP to add their software to do so. I'm sure that there are some monetary/licensing reasons as to why things are done the way they are. The only people who suffer for this is us the end users.

Yeah phone OS isn't near as easy like that is... Many more factors here esp when you toss on the OEM overlay that's done... I can understand about nexus devices waiting for JB and being pissed about how long that took, but with OEMs overlays it'll never be as easy as desktop updates...not possible $ wise really...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69