Update Unfavorited All of my Favorited Images Again~

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
This is unfortunately not the first time this has happened, but I never figured out the cause and now it has happened again. After a system update, my phone's Pictures app has once again essentially unfavorited all of the images I had marked as favorites. There were several listed in the Favorites tab, but then after the update it was empty. If I can't figure out exactly what is going wrong and how to prevent, does someone at least know who/what the guilty party is here? Is it a Samsung issue, or an Android (so I guess Google) issue? Since it results from a system update, I would kind of think Android, but the truth is this never happened with my old phone, so that makes me a bit suspicious of Samsung. Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That is strange, which Android version you currently on and Samsung A series is this ?
Can contact / report to Samsung through members app and see what they say .

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy A32. Android version 13. "One UI version" of 5.1, whatever that means and if it helps.

So it sounds like you also think that the problem is coming from the phone itself?

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
A month later, just wanted to follow up on this quickly. What Samsung offered to do is have me actually send in my phone to them for repair. But this obviously makes it sound like a hardware issue. This seems very unlikely to me -- it sounds much more like some kind of software bug. Of course, I don't want to be without my phone for some period of time for nothing. Do you guys think there is anything to this (that it is actually a hardware issue), or are they just trying to tell me something so that they don't have to admit that they don't know? Thanks again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about the Samsung Gallery app, and not the Google Photos app? If so, have you considered using the Google Photos app instead to set your favorites? That would sync with the cloud, so any update shouldn't have any effect on which photos you set as favorites.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej