Updating to latest software

MONOPOLYMAN

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I currently am running a rooted samsung fascinate for verizon and want to update to the latest software release from verizon due to the performance of my phone being drastically reduced. The problem is I don't know what the latest firmware is that was released, all the posts I am finding seem to be outdated. Can someone point me to a link to download the latest software from verizon and if possible instructions on how to flash it back to stock, I have been searching for over 2 hours now :/

Hardware: I500.04
Firmware: 2.2.2
Build: SCH-I500.ED05

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm the latest VZW software is EH03 I don't have a link but hopefully this info will help guide your searches. I have all the necessary files on my Google drive, so if you still can't find anything after searching send me a pm and I can give you a link to my files that you can download. If you do this be patient, I'll be busy the rest of the day but I can do it first thing tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a few ROMs and had mixed results.

The best I have tried so far is SuperClean3:

Neither the original Stock Ginger Bread nor PowerWashed really helped keep my phone stable, but SC3 so far has been the most impressive in stability.
Note that during installation, once you have the Recovery Mode installed and loaded, wipe all personal data and the cache - that helped me a lot!

Also, you will likely have to look around a bit for new links since a lot of software used to be hosted on a site that was seized :-/

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No, personally I don't like the official VZW software. If you like the look and feel of stock then I would go with superclean 3 also, it was good. Personally, I would go with a ics ROM. I used aokp, then switched to miui. Either one is good, it's about what you like though.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You can look at cm9, aokp, or miui v4. All are ice cream sandwich and all run nicely. Pretty much what is broke in one is broke in all so it comes down to which ever you like. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie