Upgrade to Note 5 from S5?

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
So I have been debating about getting a new phone lately. I have been going back and forth between the S7 Edge and the S7. I love the S7E, but I have heard many, many stories of it breaking way too easily and I'm not about to pay 800 dollars for a phone that shatters within a week. I then was looking into the S7 which I do like, but I don't like the size of it. It feels too small and not comfortable in the hand. And I already have an S5 around the same size so Idk why that might be?

I have been looking at the Note 5 though and it feels amazing and I love the screen. It's almost 100 dollars cheaper than the S7E. Only thing I don't like is it's not waterproof. Has anyone had any problems with their Note 5 breaking easily though?

So what do you guys think? Is the Note 5 a good choice to go with? I would go with the Note 7, but the recall issue and the price of 850 dollars... yeah, no thanks.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So I have been debating about getting a new phone lately. I have been going back and forth between the S7 Edge and the S7. I love the S7E, but I have heard many, many stories of it breaking way too easily and I'm not about to pay 800 dollars for a phone that shatters within a week. I then was looking into the S7 which I do like, but I don't like the size of it. It feels too small and not comfortable in the hand. And I already have an S5 around the same size so Idk why that might be?

I have been looking at the Note 5 though and it feels amazing and I love the screen. It's almost 100 dollars cheaper than the S7E. Only thing I don't like is it's not waterproof. Has anyone had any problems with their Note 5 breaking easily though?

So what do you guys think? Is the Note 5 a good choice to go with? I would go with the Note 7, but the recall issue and the price of 850 dollars... yeah, no thanks.
I have a note 5 currently and have dropped it a few times, no issue. I have a Unicorn Beetle case on it that's rather protective. I'm likely getting a replacement Note 7 though when they come in.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Both of your choices are good ones. The S7 Edge has it for looks. As for waterproof, why is that so important? Curious, taking it swimming or in the shower with you?

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Nah. It's not really so important for those things. I don't do that. The only thing I like to have waterproofing for is for accidental drops in water. Say I'm in the bathroom and accidently drop it in the toilet or sink. Stuff like that. I don't take my phones swimming. I really only like the feature as a just in case kinda thing.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Nah. It's not really so important for those things. I don't do that. The only thing I like to have waterproofing for is for accidental drops in water. Say I'm in the bathroom and accidently drop it in the toilet or sink. Stuff like that. I don't take my phones swimming. I really only like the feature as a just in case kinda thing.

Seriously dude? You frequently stand over the toilet while talking on your phone?

AndroidFanatic247

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I recommend just waiting for the Note 7 to re release. It has the features of the Edge screen as well as maintaining the S Pen and is a very nice size to hold, especially for larger hands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000