US purchased phone has non-US IMEI

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the 2nd request today for a mod to fix my typo - please change IMIE to IMEI and TIA!

I attempted to register my new S22U for Samsung Care + and received an error that the IMEI wasn't a valid US number. I just got off the phone with Samsung and was told this is a known issue and the case is being escalated. So, just a heads up, to check your IMEI for it's registered location

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Re: US purchased phone has non-US IMIE

This is the 2nd request today for a mod to fix my typo - please change IMIE to IMEI and TIA!

I attempted to register my new S22U for Samsung Care + and received an error that the IMEI wasn't a valid US number. I just got off the phone with Samsung and was told this is a known issue and the case is being escalated. So, just a heads up, to check your IMEI for it's registered location
This happened to me on a previous phone I just had to wait a couple of days and then once I went back in I was able to register it via the members app... It was showing like it was not Us and Australia...

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Are the 7th and 8th digits of the IMEI number "81"? That would denote manufactured in China and guessing by Foxconn, but not sure.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't intend to come across as curt. I appreciate you asking. This prompted me to look up the country of origin based on the 7th and 8th digit which are '00'. According to the list, 00 is "Country of Origin". I'm assuming since the phone was made in Vietnam, that's where the IMEI is registered to. That's just a wild guess, though. I called Samsung back this morning and the case is still in escalation and again the rep said it's a known issue.

Just asked. Wondering if all were made in China. Not even implying good or bad.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Wait for 25th Feb. Thats when the phone officially launches. You should then be able to register for Samsung Care

CarpeOmnia_87

Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my S22 Ultra I purchased directly from Samsung in April. Does anyone know why this is happening? Samsung is giving me the run around. I get Indian reps every time I call and have gotten 3 different excuses. Was also told it will be escalated to get IMEI registered, but nothing every came of that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my S22 Ultra I purchased directly from Samsung in April. Does anyone know why this is happening? Samsung is giving me the run around. I get Indian reps every time I call and have gotten 3 different excuses. Was also told it will be escalated to get IMEI registered, but nothing every came of that.
Samsung favorite reply, "it will be escalated"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174