IMEI problem

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Note 20 5g directly from Samsung - unlocked. I first used it with Straight Talk simply by taking the sim card out of my Note 10 and using it with the Note 20. 3 months ago I switched to T-Mobile for 5g availability. Great service at home, but encountered many dead areas in nearby towns and when traveling. I decided to change back to Straight Talk as my wife and I need the phone connectivity more than the fast data when traveling. However, when trying to register a Verizon compatible sim card with Straight Talk they told me my IMEI number is blocked. Evidently using it for 9-10 months without registering it resulted in it being blocked. I had to resort to using an AT&T compatible CDMA sim card. Is there a way to get the IMEI unblocked so I can use a GSM card instead?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
In the UK a phone's imei number is only blacklisted if a person registers the phone lost or stolen.

I'm sorry I can't personally help but I must say some Networks in the states certainly make me raise an eyebrow with how they operate !!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
It took me over 6 hours with 2 chat sessions and 3 phone conversations to finally get the phone registered!

Is there a process to get an IMEI unblocked? Can a person find out exactly when and by whom it was blocked?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
In the UK a phone's imei number is only blacklisted if a person registers the phone lost or stolen.

I'm sorry I can't personally help but I must say some Networks in the states certainly make me raise an eyebrow with how they operate !!

Capitalism at work.... gotta love it :eek:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've since learned the IMEI was NOT blocked and is indeed associated with the Verizon compatible sim card provided by StraightTalk. However, I'm still waiting for them to get my service working!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
After a total of 13 hours spent in chat or on the phone with about 15 different StraightTalk employees, my phone is finally working.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully stays that way , straight talk been a issue for Samsung users .

Straight talk has been an issue for all users...we looked into trying them one time and they had the absolute worst ratings and feedback of any service out there. By far.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I was with them until this past May when I switched to T-Mobile for the 5g. Problem with T-Mobile was too many dead zones in the areas I travel. We had excellent coverage with StraightTalk in the past. I decided just having basic usability of the phone was more important than the few areas where I had great data speeds. So far here at home I seem to have basically the same speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16