USB device not recognized

mohsin saeed

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
buddy hats off to you.
but i tried with tooth pic it didnt worked then i used one of the -screw driver i worked. thank you

try with minus screw driver it worked for me but be carefull . tooth pick too didnt worked for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexandru Dinu2

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey, although I didn't believe that was my problem too, because I had the problem before and it had suddenly fixed itself without managing to get any explanation, I tried this now. Because it's pretty long time since I had this problem, I excluded the possibility of having a USB connector problem. But you know: in electronics you can never be so sure. So I tried it in two ways. Firstly I used a very thin cutter razor, and nothing. Honestly, I was afraid not to break the edge of the razor and not be able to take it out. So the second time I used a nail file because it was thicker and gently stuck its tip behind the connector's thong. And pushed a little more. This time I was afraid not to break the connector's tongue. But I worked gently enough. Tried to connect and.... worked :)

SO, I CONFIRM that there is a general bug of this USB connector.

Thanks, dude!!!! I didn't believe it would work since I insisted more. At least, I had no other choice because I had already tried the other software tricks.

Paul Dean1

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm a developer. I have over 6 phones that do this Hit and Miss across 12 different PC's. I can confirm this is a major issue.
At this point, this should NOT be a problem for the consumers. There is an obvious issue with the current micro USB standards.
If it's the current micro USB cable standard, or the phone's micro USB port standard, Manufactures need to fix this. Not paying consumers.

vortexoz

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to add that changing the usb cable worked for me. Its funny the original one charged my phone fine buy never really work for MTP. Bought sound headphones with the same cable and tried and the problem is gone. WTF? really annoying. Now I can format my SD as ext4 Lol!

maaz zulfiqar

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks
That worked for me :)
I am glad you saved my time.
Now my phone is charging with AC adapter, previously it stopped charging with any charger, It was only charging with PC.
But thanks for the solution, now it works :):)

Poe Tyler

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
For me, it seemed to be a damaged USB wire/ cable. I tried the toothpick trick, and still had the issue and then tried a different cable and it worked.

I tried the toothpick trick, but still had the same issue, then tried a new micro-USB cable and that seemed to solve the issue. My transfer speed seemed to increase as well, so if you are having trouble, try a different cable.

Last edited by a moderator:

sreej30

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
> Connect using USB cable.
>Scroll down the upper black bar (where time is displayed) on your phone.
> Click " Connected as a media device"
> Double click on "Media device (MTP)", This should open a dialog box on your computer saying installing drivers. If not working, just click the option Camera (PTP) and then Media device (MTP) again and try again.
> You will see your samsung phone memory in "My Computer"

uniquesnowflake

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
omg I can't believe this. this must be for the first time that some simple trick like this actually worked for me :'D thank you a lot, sir.

lol but, still had to try it for about 5 times before it worked and it suddenly did just few seconds before I started to cry :D

Ronne4u

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Toothpick trick worked!
Initially it did not work, but then I switch to a different USB cable and it started recognizing.
Before the Toothpick trick, it was not getting recognized with both cables!

Thanks much!

Ronne

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
WORKED FOR ME!! Used a toothpick. I applied only a minuscule amount of pressure to lift the "tongue" barely a fraction of a millimeter. Still, when adjustments with toothpicks and such are necessary, most likely it's time for a new phone. THANK YOU! :cool: