Using the Gear S with another smartwatch?

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've a growing collection of smartwatches but the Gear S has been the most unique because of its standalone nature.

However, I just received the Pebble Time yesterday and now faced with a first world problem of one too many smartwatches :). In an attempt to multitask them and further my geek cred, could there possibly be a use case to use the Gear S + Pebble (or other bluetooth-based smartwatch) concurrently?

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
In theory you could use the Gear S as the phone and the pebble as a watch... But it is a pretty big stretch and you become one of those people who only has it to have it.

If you were asking me about something like a Garmin (sports specific watch) then you might have a better case to make.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a growing collection as well. I have a Sony Smartwach, a SW2, a 360, a GWR and a Gear S.

Different watches for different occasions though. Never 2 at the same time. Talk about taking the dork level up by 1000%

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Will not work, as all smart watches need an app on the phone. This phone must run Android or iOs. Gear S runs Tizen.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes strap on my Gear 1 on my other wrist when I go running, but really only because I need the camera when I leave my Note behind. Since I do it when running, I think most people assume one of them is tracking my run and the other is a regular watch. No funny looks so far.

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the Gear S and the Moto 360. One Tizen and the other Android Wear.
Sure, but that is besides the point. Point is you can not pair your 360 to your S alone. The 360 need android wear app to work, and this app is not able to run on a Tizen watch.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG