Various system apps show 0kb and are listed multiple times.. is this normal?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i seem to have multiple of the same system apps listed and some are showing 0kb in size?

for example i have "gestural navigation bar" listed 4 times each showing 0kb and all version 1.0

others are not listed multiple times but show 0kb size (punch hole cut out, proxy handler + many more) a lot of these are also labelled as never been used.

is this normal?

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
i seem to have multiple of the same system apps listed and some are showing 0kb in size?

for example i have "gestural navigation bar" listed 4 times each showing 0kb and all version 1.0

others are not listed multiple times but show 0kb size (punch hole cut out, proxy handler + many more) a lot of these are also labelled as never been used.

is this normal?
I myself would love to know this answer as well. I have rilnotifier 5 times. I understand What the app does, but Cant see a need for so many

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They're system apps. To a certain extent, you need to just let the system do its job. It'd be like going through all of the thousands of DLL files in Windows and wondering what they all do.

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
The thing is ... Prior to my phone going to sanding for LCD replacement these (many apps) with many duplicates each were not there.
I get the phone returned with numbers duplicates and Unknown audio files and new apps still keep appearing.
These apps are not showing after an update because I haven't don't one in the last few weeks. They are just showing up.
And when I Google these new unknown apps I'm getting the save 2 results on them

Either no info found AT ALL
OR
Comes up as hijacking/spyware or the likes there of

And 2 days ago my phone started doing similar things that my other 2 new bought Samsung direct phones did

Honestly, in over it
They are just as crooked as the next. Who better to get data then over if the biggest retailers on the planet. Who were recently caught in a data breach.
I'm done with them.

My Motorola for half the price was a great phone and I did NOT experience any of these issues

It was so nice. Unfortunately it was a temp loaner soon to be permanent.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Moto's are usually a very good bang for the buck... especially if you can get them on sale or clearance. The only downside is limited software support, but if you're okay with that they're a great option. My wife's been using one for 3 years and it's been flawless.. I can't pry it out of her hands to give her a new phone lol. And I'm using one on my backup line ;)

But don't read too much into what you don't understand on your Samsung either... they make some of the best phones on the planet. I own a Z Flip 3, and it's an awesome phone to use overall, the hardware can't be beat, but I have had to learn how to like their software ... I'm coming off pixels, and I hated Samsung's treatment of Android at first, but it's growing on me. And they support their premium phones for a very long time if you're into keeping your phone for the long haul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia