Verizon: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: Upgrade from S7 Edge to Note 8 without paying of current balance owed.

I have been round and round with Verizon. I was a previous Note 7 owner (two recalls) and now have a S7Edge that I owe 52% on. They tell me that I have to pay balance off in order to get new Note 8 at discount price.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to Note 8 at discount price AND not have to pay current phone off?

I know this was asked earlier but thread has been deeply buried and looking for more current information.

TIA!

No! They aren't going to give you up to $425 for your 7Edge if the device still has a balance. Besides, to get that over you have to order through Samsung, and they may or may not give you the whole $425 for your phone, it actually depends on its condition when you return it to Samsung and don't know if you knew this if they don't give the full 425 or if they don't accept it because of its condition they only give you $25 for the phone and you do not get it back. If you knew all of this I apologize ahead of time for repeating it I just thought I would pass it along to you just in case

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So happy!!! Got my screen protectors, and cases in today. I didn't think that with it being a Holliday, I wouldn't get them till tomorrow. But they are here, waiting for my Note 8s TOMORROW!

FOR non believers about today this is the USPS tracking 9361289693090132062841

My phones are going to a different address to ensure that someone was home.

anon(10305333)

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
someone posted a link to a FedEx signature release, can someone post a link to it?

Go to FedEx.com and track your package, click on customize delivery and the option is there. If you don't already have an account with FedEx you may have to create one, it's free.
Edit: I just checked on mine and it's grayed out not available, in this case just leave a signed note on the door it's the same.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I clicked on customize delivery, every thing is grayed out except for request vacation hold and provide delivery instructions. I hate FedEx for the first delivery attempt BS I would rather just have them hold at the depot so I can pick up after work or at least schedule the delivery for a certain time when I know ill be home

anon(10305333)

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I clicked on customize delivery, every thing is grayed out except for request vacation hold and provide delivery instructions. I hate FedEx for the first delivery attempt BS I would rather just have them hold at the depot so I can pick up after work or at least schedule the delivery for a certain time when I know ill be home

If you feel safe with them leaving it you can sign a note and put it on the door, I've done this before. I wouldn't do it for something this expensive though, I'd just pick it up after the first delivery attempt.

Miscue

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Nope. I had to pay 400.00 on my Note 5 first. I'm happy though. 480.00 trade in was way more than I was expecting. I didn't want to buy a Note 5, but nobody twisted my arm and told me I had to.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not crazy about it with a close to 1k phone coming ive had issues in the past with the FedEx driver for my area, I would leave the signed note for cheap things (cases and such) authorizing delivery with out a signature and he would totally ignore it and mark security reasons(total BS I live in the country and im at least 10 miles from nearest public transportation.)

One time I was home and heard him pull up in the driveway so watched him from window and he walked to the door never rang the bell just slapped a door tag on the door and turned around and walked back to the truck so I ran down the stars and confronted him in the driveway. I filed a complaint with FedEx but as usual they didn't do anything. I hate FedEx for this reason, I never have issues with UPS.

Although my dad said when my trade in box came last week it was a different driver who actually rang the bell and actually waited about a minute for someone to answer, hopefully the good driver shows up tommorrow instead of captain lazy...

glcej1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site

I have been round and round with Verizon. I was a previous Note 7 owner (two recalls) and now have a S7Edge that I owe 52% on. They tell me that I have to pay balance off in order to get new Note 8 at discount price.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to Note 8 at discount price AND not have to pay current phone off?

I know this was asked earlier but thread has been deeply buried and looking for more current information.

TIA!
I traded in my Pixel XL for the Note 8, but I had to pay it off. I did get $480 trade in though.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I had to pay off the 507.00 I owed on the Pixel XL which I had for less than a year, but they say they will give me 480.00 credit on it toward the Note 8 which is great, and although I had to buy something when the second Note 7 had to be sent back, nobody forced me to buy the overpriced thing I did buy. But yeah, I think you gotta pay off what you've got.

TIA!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine departed Memphis at 5:23 yesterday afternoon and hasn't been seen since. If any of you see a midnight black note 8 wandering around please let me know....

I did get an email from FedEx saying it was still scheduled for tomorrow though

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Fed Ex texted me at 8 am this morning, at which time, holiday and all, I was asleep and though I am excited to get the phone, I was not excited by that text at that hour when I had priority notices only on my old Lg g3, which has apparently decided to ignore that.