Verizon Message+

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can get the notification sound to last longer, the notification light to stay on until I check the message, and for the top status bar to have an icon indicating that I got a new message? Right now I have a custom notification that lasts ~15 sec but it only plays ~5 sec of it. The light comes on when the message comes through, but after the notification is done playing so does the light and so does the notification on the top.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Verizon Message Plus. I needed to hear a longer notification tone. I finally switched back to Google messenger.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I previously was using Google Messenger but some of my text messages were not coming through. I checked Messenger+ and saw all my missed messages that Google Messenger wasn't able to get. I saw that Messenger+ has extended coverage which allows you to send and receive messages over Wi-Fi with no mobile network connection required, so hopefully this works better because at work I get 0 bars with just the LTE light but very good Wi-Fi. Hopefully Google will fix this network connection problem soon.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
After the thread asking about texting I switched back to this app. I can't believe how feature rich it is! It really is a great app. I just hate Verizon and don't want to use it! It is my service and they do a lot of things right. This is one of them. I just wish they'd work on the appearance of it

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
After the thread asking about texting I switched back to this app. I can't believe how feature rich it is! It really is a great app. I just hate Verizon and don't want to use it! It is my service and they do a lot of things right. This is one of them. I just wish they'd work on the appearance of it

Did you add a custom notification or was it already in the phone? I have to agree with you about the appearance.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I previously was using Google Messenger but some of my text messages were not coming through. I checked Messenger+ and saw all my missed messages that Google Messenger wasn't able to get. I saw that Messenger+ has extended coverage which allows you to send and receive messages over Wi-Fi with no mobile network connection required, so hopefully this works better because at work I get 0 bars with just the LTE light but very good Wi-Fi. Hopefully Google will fix this network connection problem soon.

I think Google messenger just got an update that includes wifi texting, just in case that's important to you

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I think Google messenger just got an update that includes wifi texting, just in case that's important to you

I just saw that on the notes after you mentioned about it. But it just says sends and not receive. The problem I have is receiving text messages from people.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the wifi texting on Google messenger doesn't work on Verizon. And thats just Verizon and their games they play .

I'm not sure if this is a good test or not but last night at home I turned my phone to airplane mode and enabled Wi-Fi and I was able to send and receive messages on both Google Messenger and Verizon Messenger. But somehow at work where I do have a good Wi-Fi, I'm not able to receive text messages through Wi-Fi but is able to send out text messages.

drufranco

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a good test or not but last night at home I turned my phone to airplane mode and enabled Wi-Fi and I was able to send and receive messages on both Google Messenger and Verizon Messenger. But somehow at work where I do have a good Wi-Fi, I'm not able to receive text messages through Wi-Fi but is able to send out text messages.

Maybe something to do with your works firewall. Here we allow lots of things out, just pretty protective on what comes back in.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can get the notification sound to last longer, the notification light to stay on until I check the message, and for the top status bar to have an icon indicating that I got a new message?

With the app on the Messages tab, tap on the 3 bar menu in upper left corner, tap Settings, tap Notifications. Adjust as desired. (Heads Up, Repeat, Enable Pop-ups, etc.)

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Maybe something to do with your works firewall. Here we allow lots of things out, just pretty protective on what comes back in.

I was thinking about this and maybe the issue is with Doze. Since my signal is always fluctuating but my Wi-Fi is always consistent and sometimes I don't touch my phone for a long period of time that Doze stopped Wi-Fi from working on the background so I'm not receiving anything. So now I'm trying to find what app or system Wi-Fi is using so that I can stop the battery optimization and just leave it on all the time.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
With the app on the Messages tab, tap on the 3 bar menu in upper left corner, tap Settings, tap Notifications. Adjust as desired. (Heads Up, Repeat, Enable Pop-ups, etc.)

Tried that. I was however able to get Message+ to leave the notification icon on the status bar with the steps you wrote but the notification sound is still cut short.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. I was however able to get Message+ to leave the notification icon on the status bar with the steps you wrote but the notification sound is still cut short.
I wonder if the truncated notification tone is a Pixel "feature". When I make custom notifications my phone plays the entire file. I typically make them 7 seconds long.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if the truncated notification tone is a Pixel "feature". When I make custom notifications my phone plays the entire file. I typically make them 7 seconds long.

I hope not. I usually make my notification longer just in case someone texts me while I'm sleeping or when I'm out walking and I can't hear the first few sec. I'll try and contact Verizon and see if they can help me on this.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
You know you can set Textra and many other apps to repeat notifications. 30 seconds is a damn long notification, especially for a text message. Mine is less than 1 second, maybe a touch longer as the sound fades. I have a feeling it would truncate in almost any app.