Verizon Plans??

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, been awhile since I took a look at the plans. Just trying to figure out the best/least expensive plan for 2 smart phones. I'm on 8GB for 70 per line and don't understand the so called unlimited plans now.

Message from Verizon saying only $10 mor to get unlimited.... yet it shows $70 for a current unlimited..... just confused and never like to ask Verizon as they push you into things. I know all of you Brilliant people here will give honest answers. Thank you!!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The plans all differ in terms of how much data one can use before it is throttled.

I'll move this thread to the Verizon forum, where other persons who have Verizon will be able to chime in.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you go to their website, you can see the plan breakdowns. They all offer the same speeds, but they differ in the throttle thresholds, streaming video quality, and a few other things. Fyi the basic plan claims 480p video streaming. That's what mine is, but I can regularly stream 720p without issue. So I wouldn't be too concerned about paying for the higher stream speeds.

If you've been a customer a while, call and ask them about comparing plans and see if you're eligible for the "gounlimited" plan. It's an unlisted loyalty plan they offered me the last time I was in their store. I was in a similar spot as you with being on a limited shared plan. This one works out to be a little cheaper for me after setting up auto pay. The price per line depends on the number of lines active, so you won't get the $30/line price I'm paying unless you want to add 2 more lines. Lol.

IMG_20191217_184346.jpeg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you are currently on Verizon just go into your account and make some changes to your plan without finalizing. It will tell how much higher or lower than your current plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you go to their website, you can see the plan breakdowns. They all offer the same speeds, but they differ in the throttle thresholds, streaming video quality, and a few other things. Fyi the basic plan claims 480p video streaming. That's what mine is, but I can regularly stream 720p without issue. So I wouldn't be too concerned about paying for the higher stream speeds.

If you've been a customer a while, call and ask them about comparing plans and see if you're eligible for the "gounlimited" plan. It's an unlisted loyalty plan they offered me the last time I was in their store. I was in a similar spot as you with being on a limited shared plan. This one works out to be a little cheaper for me after setting up auto pay. The price per line depends on the number of lines active, so you won't get the $30/line price I'm paying unless you want to add 2 more lines. Lol.

View attachment 314374

Well it isn't just stream quality.. it is about where the OP is. Go unlimited gets the lowest priority so any congestion and data could go to crap whereas on the others you get a bucket before being lower.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23