Verizon raising the price for Unlimited Data Plan by $20 after November 15, 2015

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Im out of contract on both of my UDP lines. If i call and extend my contract by 1 year will this definitely avoid the $20 increase per line?

Maybe I'm a bit slow this morning, but are you saying you are out of contract, but then asking if you can extend your contract?

Posted via the Android Central App

AImbriano

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently month to month with Verizon. I just want to avoid to rate increase, but wanted to verify if I add the loyalty promo and add a year to my plan that this will avoid the increase in rates. I just don't want to get back on contract with them and still get hit with the price increase

me4droid

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions. I had one UDP that was out of contract. Luckily I had an upgrade on that line, so I swapped it to another line (that wasn't UDP) and that swapped line contract is good until 6/17. Crisis delayed until next year when my second UDP comes off contract. We'll see what they offer in the future. Until they come up with a plan that costs less than what I'm paying (or even the same) I don't want to switch.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently month to month with Verizon. I just want to avoid to rate increase, but wanted to verify if I add the loyalty promo and add a year to my plan that this will avoid the increase in rates. I just don't want to get back on contract with them and still get hit with the price increase

After I called in to get the LOYALTY PROMO added, I did an online chat the next day and specifically asked if the increase would apply. The online chat rep said the $20 increase would not apply since I'm currently on contract.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions. I had one UDP that was out of contract. Luckily I had an upgrade on that line, so I swapped it to another line (that wasn't UDP) and that swapped line contract is good until 6/17. Crisis delayed until next year when my second UDP comes off contract. We'll see what they offer in the future. Until they come up with a plan that costs less than what I'm paying (or even the same) I don't want to switch.

So your setup is:

Line 1 UDP on-contract 6/17 no upgrade available
Line 2 UDP on-contract until 2016 no upgrade available
Line 3 TDP on-contract no upgrade available

What are the upgrade dates for 2 and 3?

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess we'll all know soon as the way I read it, only those under 2 year contracts would be empty until the contract is up. I wonder if those who just signed a 1 yeat contract would be exempted, but good luck.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess we'll all know soon as the way I read it, only those under 2 year contracts would be empty until the contract is up. I wonder if those who just signed a 1 yeat contract would be exempted, but good luck.

either way, we'll all get screwed by Verizon after 24 months.... :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nop. It says the increase will take
1. Off contract
2. When current contract finishes
3. If on contract the increase will take place when the renewal takes place.
Verizon also said that you couldn't get subsidized upgrades and keep unlimited data... But there are a number of loopholes... Hopefully there will be some to keep the lower udp price

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Verizon also said that you couldn't get subsidized upgrades and keep unlimited data... But there are a number of loopholes... Hopefully there will be some to keep the lower udp price
Bestbuy lets us upgrade one week before our contract expires... Maybe upgrading through bestbuy in the future will be like killing 2 birds with one stone

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
To those of you who have received the 100 min/100 texts loyalty promo--did you have the Nationwide plan? I called to see about getting this and the Verizon rep told me it was for the More Everything plans. I don't think that is correct since they wouldn't have UDP's on them would they?
Just trying to get the contract extended to avoid the price increase.

Thanks

I'm on a Loyalty Nationwide Family Share Plan with 550 Minutes at $40/month + $9.99 access per line.

Also, noticed the November 4, 2015 bill, that it now states that beginning October 2015, the detailed calls will not be on the statement unless one was willing to pay $1.99/month per line, guess that grandfathered feature went away too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a Loyalty Nationwide Family Share Plan with 550 Minutes at $40/month + $9.99 access per line.

Also, noticed the November 4, 2015 bill, that it now states that beginning October 2015, the detailed calls will not be on the statement unless one was willing to pay $1.99/month per line, guess that grandfathered feature went away too.
Im on nw plan with udp and got the 100 min and sms 1 year extension on 3rd call to vzw about it.

cander1

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Im on nw plan with udp and got the 100 min and sms 1 year extension on 3rd call to vzw about it.
Maybe the third time will be a charm for me. I've tried twice. Once for my account and once for my son's. Best I got on the second call was 150 min added for 60 days but no contract extension.

cander1

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Maybe the third time will be a charm for me. I've tried twice. Once for my account and once for my son's. Best I got on the second call was 150 min added for 60 days but no contract extension.
I forgot to add, on the second call the rep said he had til when his bill generates again (Dec. 4) to get back under contract. So the contract doesn't have to be in effect on 11/15. Guess I hadn't understood that--thought it had to be done tomorrow. Hope she knows what she was talking about.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The increase begins on the first new billing cycle on or after Nov 15. So if your bill cycle begins Nov 14, your increase would start Dec 14. And so on.

cander1

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I forgot to add, on the second call the rep said he had til when his bill generates again (Dec. 4) to get back under contract. So the contract doesn't have to be in effect on 11/15. Guess I hadn't understood that--thought it had to be done tomorrow. Hope she knows what she was talking about.
Well, the third time didn't work to get the loyalty promo :( She did ask if I was trying to extend a contract to avoid the price increase--she'd had several calls about it today.
And as always with Verizon I got another story on the upgrade. This rep said the price increase for the UDP will start tomorrow and be pro-rated through to the next cycle start date so it would cost him $14. Then the full $20 increase would apply.
Then, as an interesting twist that I haven't heard anywhere else (and frankly don't believe), she said that if there was a loyalty promo that could be applied later, such as during the holiday season, that would negate the price increase and it would go back to $29.99. Anybody else heard this one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov