Verizon SGS3 w/ S4

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Please be on Verizon with the S4! I don't want a battery guzzle quad core, I want 2 super awesome cores. I'm getting sick of my Galaxy S Fascinate (although I do have ICS on it thanks to Team Hacksung)

I was in the same boat...I dumped my Fascinate and bought a Droid Charge for cheap on eBay just for the bigger screen and 4G, but I do miss ICS on my phone. I was running the AOKP ICS, it was pretty slick.

I too really want this phone on Verizon. Or a version of the Galaxy Note. I can't see VZW passing on this one this time around.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat, but swap your want for a S4 vs my want for the quad core exynos. Its exynos or bust. That is the reason why I didn't upgrade to the galaxy nexus because I do not want to settle for second best, which is every other processor besides the a samsung one. There is a reason why we are still able to hang on to our fascinate, and thats because we had the samsung hummingbird chip. It was the best single core chip bar non. That is why it runs ICS so smoothly. Now fast forward to today, would you want to settle for a inferior chip?

The Hummingbird is great, for a 1GHz Single Core. It would STILL be a great CPU if it had 1GB of RAM attached, the 370MB is pitiful now days. I'm just worried that quad core bring more battery drain for little performance. I have a quad on my computer, it gets used rarely (except when gaming). For a phone, a dual will be plenty for the 2 year contract. But if it has great battery life, I'd love to have a quad, I adopted quad on computers early on :D But battery life is numero uno for me, and I refuse to get a Razr Maxx with that garbage screen, and I hate Sense.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat...I dumped my Fascinate and bought a Droid Charge for cheap on eBay just for the bigger screen and 4G, but I do miss ICS on my phone. I was running the AOKP ICS, it was pretty slick.

I too really want this phone on Verizon. Or a version of the Galaxy Note. I can't see VZW passing on this one this time around.

If Verizon passes, they are dumb. The Nexus is aging, the Razr series has terrible screens, and not everybody wants an HTC phone (or any of the garbage LG phones they have)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon passes, they are dumb. The Nexus is aging, the Razr series has terrible screens, and not everybody wants an HTC phone (or any of the garbage LG phones they have)

Agreed. Although the Nexus software and development potential is what keeps it at the front of the pack for most. But I'm a fan of sexy hardware, and I really like the GSIII.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Although the Nexus software and development potential is what keeps it at the front of the pack for most. But I'm a fan of sexy hardware, and I really like the GSIII.

I'm not a developer so the old SoC and connectivity issues turn me off from it since my Fascinate works fine for now. I want a phone that is truly better than my Fascinate, and this looks like just the thing. 720p for the win (I'm not a curved screen fan)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332