Vertical App Drawer Default On One UI 7

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So if this necessary feature is not coming until 4th quarter 2024, then why was it removed from Home Up in the1st quarter? Why not just leave it until Samsmug makes it a part of the UI? Stupid!

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
When did you have Samsung phone on stock launcher have vertical app Drawer?
I didn't say I was using a stock launcher. I said I've had a vertical scrolling app locker for years on my Samsung phones and devices.

Using Good Lock to enable vertical scrolling in the OneUI app drawer makes it not stock. Because Good Lock is an app that does not come stock on any current Samsung devices running Android 14/OneUI 6.1.

For the record. I use Microsoft Launcher, which vertical scrolling in the app drawer is (cough) stock in Microsoft Launcher.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't say I was using a stock launcher. I said I've had a vertical scrolling app locker for years on my Samsung phones and devices.

Using Good Lock to enable vertical scrolling in the OneUI app drawer makes it not stock. Because Good Lock is an app that does not come stock on any current Samsung devices running Android 14/OneUI 6.1.

For the record. I use Microsoft Launcher, which vertical scrolling in the app drawer is (cough) stock in Microsoft Launcher.
Ahh my bad for misreading

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
As far as OneUI 7 coming with vertical scrolling. That is cool. Will I switch to using it? Probably not. Not because OneUI is a bad launcher. On the contrary, OneUI is a very good launcher and I will recommend it along with Microsoft Launcher. Microsoft Launcher is the better choice for my usage. Having been a Windows Phone user for a few years, I enjoyed the integration that Microsoft incorporated into is Windows Mobile OS. When I came back into the Samsung fold, Microsoft Launcher allowed me the best of both worlds. The integration that Microsoft Launcher has with Outlook, To-Do, Sticky Notes, OneNote, and OneDrive and all the great features that are stock on Samsung phones and tablets.

Others will argue that Nova Launcher is the best. Nova Launcher is also a very good launcher, I have used that too. However, to get all of its features, you have to pay for it. Microsoft Launcher and OneUI are free.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
"Nova Launcher is also a very good launcher, I have used that too. However, to get all of its features, you have to pay for it."
While Nova Prime is not free as you state...it cost me a few bucks many, many years ago and I have used it without issue or any more costs for all those many years. Less than one small latte from Starbucks.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
True. Nova Prime is a one time cost. However, OneUI and Microsoft Launcher are free; and all features are available out of the box.

That is why I recommend OneUI and Microsoft Launcher over Nova Launcher.

Last edited: