Very impressive battery life so far.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
You guys must barely use your phone during the day in order for it to last 15+ hours.

On a typical work day my Nexus 5 can last all day, since I barely use it, and I mostly use it to listen to music.

But on the weekend when I'm on my phone from the moment I wake up and go out, to the moment I come home... the battery lasts around 4-5 hours tops. This is with the brightness set to Auto, GPS and screen on the entire time during a 2 hour drive, constant web browsing and game playing and texting and voice talking. 4-5 hours and the battery is gone. I have no screenshots as proof of course, but I'm sure what I'm saying sounds credible to you guys.

15+ hours only happens when you're barely using your phone. In MOST of your screenshots with long battery life, I barely even see the battery being used for Voice Calls. Do you guys even use your N5 as a phone? Lol.

I'm guess I'm just spoiled though, because my old phone used to be a featureless phone that literally lasted days of nonstop usage, whereas my Nexus 5 can't last more than 6 hours with nonstop usage.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You guys must barely use your phone during the day in order for it to last 15+ hours.

On a typical work day my Nexus 5 can last all day, since I barely use it, and I mostly use it to listen to music.

But on the weekend when I'm on my phone from the moment I wake up and go out, to the moment I come home... the battery lasts around 4-5 hours tops. This is with the brightness set to Auto, GPS and screen on the entire time during a 2 hour drive, constant web browsing and game playing and texting and voice talking. 4-5 hours and the battery is gone. I have no screenshots as proof of course, but I'm sure what I'm saying sounds credible to you guys.

15+ hours only happens when you're barely using your phone. In MOST of your screenshots with long battery life, I barely even see the battery being used for Voice Calls. Do you guys even use your N5 as a phone? Lol.

I'm guess I'm just spoiled though, because my old phone used to be a featureless phone that literally lasted days of nonstop usage, whereas my Nexus 5 can't last more than 6 hours with nonstop usage.

Who uses their phone for 5 hours straight? Even 5 hours in a day is a lot if you ask me. I use it maybe 3 hours tops and I can usually get 2 full days with ~6 hours of screen time. If I game on my phone or use it for phone calls I can still usually get 4 hours of screen time, voice calls use slightly less battery than the screen so it's not like it uses up all of your battery

Posted via Android Central App

seyahmit

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I don't talk much on my phone. That is why the $30 100 minute T-Mobile plan is perfect for me. I do most of my communication through txt and email. I also use my Nexus 7 for navigation in the car and I use the phone to tether the N7. While I am at work all day, I use the phone mostly for podcasts, music, and audio books. So while the phone is in use for a good part of the day, the screen is usually off. It will be interesting to see how well the battery holds up during the weekend when I am using more screen time.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So your battery percentage fluctuates? I find it hard to believe that this is "normal", but good luck anyway.

I thought that as well. I think he was probably charging it at some points in the day and used a screenshot of one where he didn't, then he cropped that part and replaced it. I could be wrong but I haven't seen that before either

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Great Battery life So far, impressive

sure, check to find post of mine that does not rely on the facts.

Honestly, too many people here are blatant N5 defenders who care little about benefit of a potential buyer or those who find N5 lacking in one aspect or another.

There's plenty of aspects lacking on the N5 that have been clearly noted on this forum. Low quality speaker, mediocre camera, and questionable battery life.

"Facts" can be twisted and turned so easily. I have seen many sports arguments where two sides arguing opposite points, use the same stats (facts) to prove their own point. You can do that with anything.

I highly doubt you've been commissioned to scour the web in defense and honor of the poor folks who can't do their own research to locate information on a device that will work for them. I would take a wild guess that the vast majority of people on this forum will be able to find out reliable information without your help. I myself made an informed decision to purchase the N5 and I assure you, your posts didn't outweigh anyone else's even though you repeatedly claim to be "defending truth".

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought that as well. I think he was probably charging it at some points in the day and used a screenshot of one where he didn't, then he cropped that part and replaced it. I could be wrong but I haven't seen that before either

Google is your friend, here's a shot of my n7/13..but I could have touched this pic up too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386199125161.jpg
    1386199125161.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 11

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Google is your friend, here's a shot of my n7/13..but I could have touched this pic up too!

This one looks even more like you did. In the beginning it drops to around 97% and then goes back up to 100% for a few minutes before going back down again. I've had situations where my phone is "charging" even when it's not connected but it stops after a few minutes. This doesn't appear to be what is happening in your case.

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I don't know but I have seen many others like mine on different sites. My n7/12 shows more of a normal discharge. All are running kitkat with my n7/13 on art instead of dalvik. I have no complaints with my battery life on any of them and the n7/13 and the n5 have warranties😀

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I don't know but I have seen many others like mine on different sites. My n7/12 shows more of a normal discharge. All are running kitkat with my n7/13 on art instead of dalvik. I have no complaints with my battery life on any of them and the n7/13 and the n5 have warranties😀

Could be Kit Kat but it looks really weird. And 6 hours or screen time with 30% left would put you on pace for 8+ hours over 2 full days, which would be unbelievable for a 2200 mAh battery especially if it's not at the lowest brightness.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Great Battery life So far, impressive

I assure you, your posts didn't outweigh anyone else's even though you repeatedly claim to be "defending truth".
LOL, I can only do so much, I don't expect everybody to take my word, its better than no voice whatsoever against a crowd of baseless praises. I don't need your assurance for anything, you made your own choice, its all yours.

Its best if potential buyers can read all sources as they possibly can, and able to identify the facts and fictions. Its their big money on the line anyway.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This one looks even more like you did. In the beginning it drops to around 97% and then goes back up to 100% for a few minutes before going back down again. I've had situations where my phone is "charging" even when it's not connected but it stops after a few minutes. This doesn't appear to be what is happening in your case.

weird, you would imaging a modern mobile system should have zero trouble producing a discharging curve properly. I have never seen such a thing before, I don't know the reason for it.

But, let me make a guess first, is there wireless charger involved?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
weird, you would imaging a modern mobile system should have zero trouble producing a discharging curve properly. I have never seen such a thing before, I don't know the reason for it.

But, let me make a guess first, is there wireless charger involved?

Probably. Does that still show in the battery stats if charging? That kind of battery life on a phone that isn't the G2 or Note 3 is unheard of, especially for a Nexus 5

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock wireless for my phones n4/n5, just original wall chargers for my n7's. I can link you to other battery threads that show some similar results if you like. BTW the n5 is 2300 mAh not 2200.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at my battery stats from today. There is a little spike as well, and it was not changed at all... Last charged at 5:15am.
a3eve6u4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk