vibrant will not sleep! insight?

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey! Was wondering if someone could give me some info on how to correct a small issue.

My Vibrant doesn't seem to want to "sleep" if I receive a message. It will if I don't, but the minute I get a text message, the screen will remain locked but will remain on, causing the device to warm up and drain the battery.

I checked my display settings but it seems to be no different than I had before without this issue. This issue started I would say yesterday.

Thanks yet again for helping a noob out!

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
o, did your screen stay on after youve recieved a missed call or message? i think thats samsungs way of a "indicator light" to let you know youve missed something. i hate it too. it could be on for hours in my pocket before i even notice it.

riaviea

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought it was just me and my imagination. I'll try that puzzle lock thing out (for once) because I feel bad that my battery is draining due to the stupid screen being on for a zillion years...

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
im sure its the stock messages on touchwiz. nothing spectacular. the puzzle lock only works when you dont have a lock pattern/password/code. otherwise, if you dont have neither puzzle lock or pattern/pass/code your screen might stay on till you recieve your message/miss call.