Video is too big to send in a message

Taylor Regan

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
when your on the video recording before you press play. click the setting button at the top left corner of the screen. it has a label call RECORDING MODE click it , then it says normal mode or either limit to mms. PRESS limit to mms so you can send it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Anything longer will be too large. Best bet for better quality and longer vids is to use a cloud service and upload and text a link to the vid.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anything longer will be too large. Best bet for better quality and longer vids is to use a cloud service and upload and text a link to the vid.

That's the way. I use youtube and I can send full HD quality videos to anyone. Don't know why people are reluctant to do this. You don't have to make your videos public. You can set a video only viewable to who ever you send the link to. Another benefit of this method is all your videos are saved there and not on your device.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Sami Craig

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Goto ur settings when on the recorder mode before recording, goto record mode ( it will say Normal) chaange that to Limit for MMS.
That should help, but remember I have found you have to remember to change the setting every time you go back into the camera.. It does not save the setting chnge

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Android needs a feature like apple has built in called I message it send MMS and text to other iOS users through WiFi instead and you can send 1080p video with no problem but since I left my iPhone 5 for the gs4 I miss that feature.

J Harman

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from I Phone to Droid Maxx. I'm so upset that I can't send video texts like I could with I Phone. It amazes me Motorola hasn't designed the phone to do this. I work on the road in the music business and take a lot of pictures and videos. Now I can't easily send them. Wish I had known before I switched.

MaxineDakota

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased a G3 and was about to take it back to the store today. But this tip save my life! Just the information that I needed to send a video. THANK YOU!

Kiki 2

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem so I tried emailing it as well and I still am unable to send via email for size restrictions..its a crock!!..tjeres gotta be a way to send it without editing the video to make it smaller..and sometimes that still doesn't work..androids need to make it easier to send videos via text message and emails if not then they are gonna lose alot of customers

Jschoenberg1234

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Switched from I phone because I run a compamy and was told Android is better so I have it a shot, come to find out it can't do half of what I phone can do and now I can't even send videos through txt for some reason, and some very very short videos I can but you can barely tell what it is because of piclation. Now they seem to think the way to fix it is to make another txting app.... For the millionth time...
Android/ Samsung is garbage honestly. Can't believe I spent $1200 on this phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for your constructive input. As discussed in this thread, you can still share videos easily by uploading them and sharing the link privately, or using a 3rd party messaging platform like WhatsApp or Telegram. Remember that SMS/MMS is not a Samsung/Android invention -- it's just an ancient standard that has been in need of upgrading for a long time (which is what Google has been trying to do with RCS, with the big carriers throwing up roadblocks wherever and whenever they can). There's still a good amount that Android does better than iOS, so I will disagree with you a million times about Android/Samsung being garbage.:p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Switched from I phone because I run a compamy and was told Android is better so I have it a shot, come to find out it can't do half of what I phone can do and now I can't even send videos through txt for some reason, and some very very short videos I can but you can barely tell what it is because of piclation. Now they seem to think the way to fix it is to make another txting app.... For the millionth time...
Android/ Samsung is garbage honestly. Can't believe I spent $1200 on this phone

If the people you've been sending and receiving videos from are on iPhone, there's probably no reason why you should have switched. Now if you were on iPhone and sending videos to Android phones, they'll always be garbage until Apple supports next generation RCS messaging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian