virgin mobile Samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3!! help

steveazusa

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
iSo for the past two damn days i been getting and update notification for android 4.3 on my virgin mobile Samsung galaxy s3 and when I connect to damn kies nothing!!!! Nothing shows cause when i try it over the air it fails i have used keys in the past to update and it worked but not this time any ideas??? I want the update thanks guys :mad:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
steveazusa,
You may want to rethink accepting the OTA - once you do, it's unlikely that you'll be able to go back to a previous version or root (if you're into that sort of thing).

Also, I don't think you can use Kies v2.6 to update to the 4.3 firmware - I got the impression that once the phone was updated to 4.3 the old version of Kies would no longer work and suddenly Kies v3 would be available and you'd have to install that.

Not sure why the actual OTA is failing though, although you're not the first to report that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

steveazusa

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone is rooted yeah i don't know cause when i Google virgin mobile Samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3 nothing comes out accept for US Cellular Samsung galaxy s3 on samsungs website they have a download program for the update i thought about downloading it and trying it on my phone but don't wanna chance on bricking my phone

trebornewo

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded and installed the 4.3 update. It has f****d my phone. There have been thousands of complaints. Samsung have withdrawn the update until it is fixed.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My phone is rooted yeah i don't know cause when i Google virgin mobile Samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3 nothing comes out accept for US Cellular Samsung galaxy s3 on samsungs website they have a download program for the update i thought about downloading it and trying it on my phone but don't wanna chance on bricking my phone

OTAs will not work on a phone that has been modified from stock. A custom recovery, removal of bloatware, etc. prevents the OTA from running.

I have downloaded and installed the 4.3 update. It has f****d my phone. There have been thousands of complaints. Samsung have withdrawn the update until it is fixed.

Samsung has only pulled the update for the international version of the phone, not the NA carrier versions.

steveazusa

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Im stock no custom recovery froze all my bloatware not uninstalled and just rooted but i guess i gotta wait hopefully 4.4 comes out instead

Brian Akers3

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the S3 for Virgin Mobile and it's been telling me for a week now that there is an update available for my phone upgrading to Android 4.3...well apparently my phone decided to go ahead and update itself ( or can my psycho ex remotely access my phone?) Ever since the update my phone has been like Christine, it turns WiFi on and I don't want it to be...I have this app now to that I know I didn't download and I don't believe it came with the phone its called VPN client and I can't delete it or uninstall it. It has a setting called "logs" so I click on it and It says the VPN is now running but I don't ever "turn it on" or use it. My question is could my ex have used her NFC app on her phone and when I wasn't aware touched the phones together and "abracadabra" I have VPN on my phone my other question is can she access my phone using that VPN app and see everything and control things on my phone? I probably sound stupid but I'm not too tech savvy so I need all the help PLEASE

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean this VPN Client?
5y7epane.jpg
(You can find it under Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager -> scroll right to the ALL tab and then scroll down until you find it.)

It's a normal part of the OS. If you really think that your ex might be working for the NSA you can perform a Factory Reset to set the phone back to out-of-box condition. (Of course, those sneaky NSA dweebs probably have a way to spy on you then; your ex - not so much.) ;)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucike8