Virus like activity, CM Security not helping. What could the problem be?

EVJWinters

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Virus like activity, CM Security not helping

Yesterday (Feb. 3, 2016) morning, my BLU android (v 5.0.2) phone started to play a sound file that sounds like a looping of rain. I've searched through Running Apps to try and figure out what is playing the sound, but none of the apps running seem to be responsible. I've even systematically shut down everything that I could and the sound continues to play.

I've run CM Security and it finds nothing.
I've run all the battery saving apps to "hibernate" unneeded apps, and still the sound continues to play.

Currently, the only thing I can do to stop this sound from playing, is to put my phone through a reboot (Power off and on again). However, the sound will start playing again at some point, and it seems to start mostly a few minutes after I "wake my phone up" after it has turned off the screen. But it also starts seemingly at random, when my phone sits idle (meaning I'm not actually using the phone at the time).

Does anyone know what is doing this, and is there a less painful way to clear my phone of it, without having to do a "Factory data reset"?

Tendua Rockshaw

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Virus like activity, CM Security not helping

Yesterday (Feb. 3, 2016) morning, my BLU android (v 5.0.2) phone started to play a sound file that sounds like a looping of rain. I've searched through Running Apps to try and figure out what is playing the sound, but none of the apps running seem to be responsible. I've even systematically shut down everything that I could and the sound continues to play.

I've run CM Security and it finds nothing.
I've run all the battery saving apps to "hibernate" unneeded apps, and still the sound continues to play.

Currently, the only thing I can do to stop this sound from playing, is to put my phone through a reboot (Power off and on again). However, the sound will start playing again at some point, and it seems to start mostly a few minutes after I "wake my phone up" after it has turned off the screen. But it also starts seemingly at random, when my phone sits idle (meaning I'm not actually using the phone at the time).

Does anyone know what is doing this, and is there a less painful way to clear my phone of it, without having to do a "Factory data reset"?

Hey I had this issue today too, uninstall battery doctor, it will stop.

EVJWinters

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Virus like activity, CM Security not helping

Thank you. I uninstalled Battery Doctor, and it seems to have stopped as you said. It's still a bit early to be sure, but so far it looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753