Vizio SmartCast not connecting

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I discovered today that my phone no longer connects to my Vizio TV via the SmartCast app. Today was the first time I attempted to use it since the last security update of September 1, 2021. I tried clearing the cache and data from the app, clearing the full phone cache, removing and reinstalling the app. It just can't find it. I downloaded the same SmartCast app to my Galaxy Tab S7+ tablet and it connects just fine. The only thing I can think of that might explain the problem is something related to that last security update. Has anyone else experienced this, or do you have any suggestions?

I discovered it is not a problem with just the SmartCast app, but I can't find the TV to cast from other apps such as YouTube either.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I had quite a lengthy troubleshooting session with Vizio chat this afternoon. They pushed updates to my TV. Since my tablet finds the TV but my phone doesn't I'm guessing it has to be something changed on my phone. No changes I'm aware of other than the latest security update.

I was surprised that the support person at Vizio was able to push an update to the TV without me having to give any permissions or initiate anything on my end.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it could be something with the latest system update, then. Send feedback to Samsung about it, and then you probably have to wait until the next update to see if the problem persists. You could probably contact someone through the Samsung Members app.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to update that without me doing anything on my part I discovered this morning that the Vizio Smartcast is now connecting once again.

T2996420

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Had same issue on my Fold 3 this weekend, did not try on my N20U though...just figured it's a bug, great to see this post and confirm I wasn't losing my mind.....👍👊😁

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44