Voicemail issues

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a weird one, hoping someone can help me. The only thing I can think of is when I updated my PRL. I had a missed call earlier and the caller left a voicemail. Instead of getting a pop up about a voicemail (I reinstalled VVM), I got a text from "6019" about 231-xxx-xxxx leaving a voicemail and to call another number to retrieve it. WTH is this?? FTR, I am on Reborn 2.2.1. I haven't updated to 2.2.2 yet. Additionally, I got a voicemail this weekend with nothing like this happening...

Thanks in advance!

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
im on 2.2.2 and I got one on monday I thought it would of been from spring but I had the same issue

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to leave myself a vm with the same issue, told to call: 408-970-0000 to listen... and my bad, the text was from 9016... I also tried reinstalling VVM and it did not fix the problem.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to leave myself a vm with the same issue, told to call: 408-970-0000 to listen... and my bad, the text was from 9016... I also tried reinstalling VVM and it did not fix the problem.

that is exactly the number and then when.u call itt only has rwo option even.if u click both it hangs up on u

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I called my friend who is on Reborn 2.1 still and she got a VVM notification fine. Possible issue with update or did you also update your PRL today??

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue when first flashing cmod, but had also updated prl first. The next day it took care of itself.

Sent from my Optimus S

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe backup your PRL and flash a different one, then try a VM test - see if it was the PRL?

I'm still on Nameless V1 and using the stock VM app - no issues, but am on PRL 40065

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a weird one, hoping someone can help me. The only thing I can think of is when I updated my PRL. I had a missed call earlier and the caller left a voicemail. Instead of getting a pop up about a voicemail (I reinstalled VVM), I got a text from "6019" about 231-xxx-xxxx leaving a voicemail and to call another number to retrieve it. WTH is this?? FTR, I am on Reborn 2.2.1. I haven't updated to 2.2.2 yet. Additionally, I got a voicemail this weekend with nothing like this happening...

Thanks in advance!
If i remember correctly you used Gogglevoice at one point and then reinstalled VVM!
You may need to re-activate you VVM. I had to do the same thing it is very simple! Let me fine the directions.

Know what to do if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemails

Steps you can try if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemail messages:

1. On your phone keypad, enter *38 and then press Talk to cancel any call forwarding(When you use Goggle voicemail you
are actually forwarding your call to them, this call will only be about 5 sec and then will hang up by itself)
2. Power off your phone, remove and reinsert the battery and then power it back on
3. Update the data profile on your phone; go to Menu > Settings > System Updates > Update profile
4. Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message by selecting Menu and then Compose. Make sure your message is longer
than 15 seconds
and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com.
You can find these steps buy going to Voicemail->settings->Help->Scroll to Most-Viewed topics ->Know what to do if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemails

Hope this helps, lets us know!

Last edited:
Reactions: PrimeOne1

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If i remember correctly you used Gogglevoice at one point and then reinstalled VVM!
You may need to re-activate you VVM. I had to do the same thing it is very simple! Let me fine the directions.

Know what to do if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemails

Steps you can try if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemail messages:

1. On your phone keypad, enter *38 and then press Talk to cancel any call forwarding(When you use Goggle voicemail you
are actually forwarding your call to them, this call will only be about 5 sec and then will hang up by itself)
2. Power off your phone, remove and reinsert the battery and then power it back on
3. Update the data profile on your phone; go to Menu > Settings > System Updates > Update profile
4. Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message by selecting Menu and then Compose. Make sure your message is longer
than 15 seconds
and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com.
You can find these steps buy going to Voicemail->settings->Help->Scroll to Most-Viewed topics ->Know what to do if you are not receiving your Visual Voicemails

Hope this helps, lets us know!

I only installed GV after VVM crapped out on me. I never reinstalled it after installing GV. I think I'll just stay with GV b/c if memory serves me right, Sprint is trying to transistion to GV anyway correct?

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I only installed GV after VVM crapped out on me. I never reinstalled it after installing GV. I think I'll just stay with GV b/c if memory serves me right, Sprint is trying to transistion to GV anyway correct?

not necessarily.
I switched back to visual voicemail because the decreased number of rings before google voicemail would pick up resulted to many missed calls.

edit: I also had to re-enable VVM in ROMs that didn't have it. I followed these instructions and it worked every single time (can't get it to work with ath3nos):
How-To Reinstall Your Sprint Visual VM under CM7!!! - xda-developers

edit #2: I also used this trick to stop the incoming sms's for new voicemail: xda-developers - View Single Post - How-To Reinstall Your Sprint Visual VM under CM7!!!

Last edited:

newbk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was having the same problem as the OP. I ended up downloading Google Voice and making the necessary changes on my Google Voice page. Only problem now is that the Google Voice app wants to fully integrate my account and all I want to do is use Google Voice for voice mail. So I just uninstalled the app and now check my voicemail through the webpage rather than the app. Not the best but at least I don't have to worry about getting weird texts and no voicemail notification

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank