VZW Store Traffic for G3 Release

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
As you go to pick up your G3s today can you please report back on store traffic for the phone?

Trying to gauge if I can hold off swing by a store u til later today without risk of them selling out.

I remember the Galaxy Nexus launch had huge crowds at stores.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As you go to pick up your G3s today can you please report back on store traffic for the phone?

Trying to gauge if I can hold off swing by a store u til later today without risk of them selling out.

I remember the Galaxy Nexus launch had huge crowds at stores.

Thanks!
Did you purchase a G3 yesterday? Let us know how you like it if you did.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why not just buy online for in store pickup?

I bought my Note 3 on release day around 4 pm and there wasn't a line or anything but this could depend on your locale

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Why not just buy online for in store pickup?

I bought my Note 3 on release day around 4 pm and there wasn't a line or anything but this could depend on your locale

Not everyone is given this option. I do not have it and have to buy it in the store. Also, it was dead in there at 7:00pm yesterday. And I live in a crowded, technology-hungry city.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
When I was there yesterday to check out the phone and compare it with the S5 (I was there for about an hour, maybe a little more) not a single soul was there to look at or get the G3. And this is very central Verizon store located in the center of town next to a massive Walmart supercenter.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
When I was there yesterday to check out the phone and compare it with the S5 (I was there for about an hour, maybe a little more) not a single soul was there to look at or get the G3. And this is very central Verizon store located in the center of town next to a massive Walmart supercenter.

It's funny, only one rep came up to me asking to "sing in" and I told her I was just checking out the G3. She said "Oh, I figured since you walked right over to it". This was the ONLY rep to approach me the entire visit! It's like they don't even want to try and sell me something. I walked out without a goodbye as well. Very strange. VZW not on their A-Game in sales during this launch. Or that store is terrible, I can't say for sure.

Jerry Verb

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my G3 yesterday at Best Buy around 1230PM and I was the first person to purchase one, then again I preordered it. They sent me an email indicating that it was in the store, when I went to pick it up the sales person was not aware that they had been delivered to the store yet. And let me say the G3 has met my expectations.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, only one rep came up to me asking to "sing in" and I told her I was just checking out the G3. She said "Oh, I figured since you walked right over to it". This was the ONLY rep to approach me the entire visit! It's like they don't even want to try and sell me something. I walked out without a goodbye as well. Very strange. VZW not on their A-Game in sales during this launch. Or that store is terrible, I can't say for sure.

It's not car sales lol. I for one do not like being bugged while shopping. If I need help I'll ask

LOOMfreek

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to check out my local VZ store today to take a look at the G3 for fun as I already know I'm going to buy it. I get to upgrade on Sunday so this is perfect timing.

My feeling is, LG isn't like Samsung pouring multi-millions into a marketing campaign, so you're not going to see the crowds at the store. Probably the only ones coming to check it out are the ones that are actively reading the various tech blogs.

I've seen one LG G3 commercial so far over the last 2 weeks, while I was watching The Last Ship on TNT. And that's been pretty much it. The commercial was nothing special either. I was more excited to see the commercial because I've been waiting to upgrade to the G3 for the last 3 months.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not car sales lol. I for one do not like being bugged while shopping. If I need help I'll ask

Oh, I never said I like when they do that. But I do understand that is how you succeed as a salesperson. If a district manager went undercover in that store and saw how they operate, he would have cleaned house and hired all new people.

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you purchase a G3 yesterday? Let us know how you like it if you did.

Yep! Picked it up yesterday and love it so far! Taking a little while to get used to certain things as I was coming from the Galaxy Nexus but definitely happy with my purchase so far.

Transaction didn't go as smooth as originally planned as the assistant manager at the VZW corporate store I chose tried to tell me he wasn't allowed to sell the phone full retail on launch day. He initially claimed they all had to be held for people upgrading their accounts. In my mind I knew what he was saying was nonsense so I was patient with him while he "tried to see what he could do." The store wasn't even crowded and I was the only one there looking to purchase the G3 but I still opted to be patient with the whole process.

Fortunately, after a little waiting (whether he was hoping I would just get fed up and leave or not), he returned from the back with the phone and accessories. Got me all set up and I still have my unlimited data intact. He was actually very helpful and informative once he was "approved" to sell me the phone. Whether or not the part about not being allowed to sell it full retail on launch day is true, I don't know, but at the end of the day I got the phone I was looking for and still kept unlimited data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02