Wear at night

Green Samot

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is everyone wearing their S3 at night? I've worn other wearables at night for sleep tracking, but with this i was wondering about the AOD annoying me as well as knocking the bezel and turning the screen on in the night.

My shirt cuff has knocked the bezel lots today so I'm thinking this will be worse at night.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I wore my Classic to bed when I took a nap & it correctly summarized my sleep. Pleasant surprise.

yeah although in that case, the only time to charge it is while showering / getting dressed? was trying to figure out the window to charge it b/c when I did fall asleep with it once it gave me some interesting info on restful vs. non-restful sleep.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone wearing their S3 at night? I've worn other wearables at night for sleep tracking, but with this i was wondering about the AOD annoying me as well as knocking the bezel and turning the screen on in the night.

My shirt cuff has knocked the bezel lots today so I'm thinking this will be worse at night.

Use the screen lock. If using Samsung Pay on the watch, it already requires a screen lock. If you are still (sleeping) for a period of time or you take the watch off, the screen lock PIN entry screen comes on if you were to touch the screen or bezel, so the watch will not access any apps and use more power.

Except for when I was testing the power consumption of the watch, I keep the AOD off at night. I have worn the watch to bed for a few nights to continue testing battery usage under different scenarios, as well as the sleep tracking. Eventually I will likely just be taking the watch off at night.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've always worn my smartwatches at night to track my sleep. I've had the gear s, s2, & now the s3. Does not bother me to sleep with them on. I charge my watch when I watch TV or shower at night. Then put it back on. By the next morning the watch usually has used about 5% battery. By the end of the day I will have about 70-80% battery left depending on heavy usage.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So does the S3 actually automatically track your sleep or do you have to add something on your S-Health on your phone? As I was reading something that you have to add your sleep time to S-Health so the watch will monitor your sleep during that time only?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So does the S3 actually automatically track your sleep or do you have to add something on your S-Health on your phone? As I was reading something that you have to add your sleep time to S-Health so the watch will monitor your sleep during that time only?

For my Gear S3 Classic, sleep tracking was automatic out of the box. It's paired to a GS7E.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I wear my s2 at night and set do not disturb mode. This turns off alerts (but not alarms) and the wake gesture. I don't use AOD because the S2 battery isn't big enough to get me through a day with that. Does the s3 have DnD?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84