Weather display on the circular widget?

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me what it is that governs the display of the weather (temperature & sometimes rain indicator) on the big circular weather/date/time/charge widget that comes as standard on recent Moto phones?

I bought a G5+ recently and when I started it up the widget showed "Add cities" in the place where the weather should be. I'm not sure I ever did add any cities, but soon it started showing the temperature.

Fine. But now my partner's just bought a Moto e4 and we can't seem to get rid of the 'Add cities' line, even when we try adding a city in the clock setting. Both phones are set to take the time zone automatically. Do we need to add a weather app? Or is there somethng else we need to change?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When your partner taps Add Cities, it goes successfully to the menu where you select a city? Does it successfully find the city you enter, or can you select Current Location?

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I eventually worked out that I wasn't tapping on the correct part of the widget (I'd assumed it was an all-in-one thing rather than a collection of separate things, so when I tapped in the centre I always got the clock). Once I tapped 'Add Cities' directly I could turn on 'Add Current Location' and all is now well.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I am using Moto e4 plus and want to change the units of Circle weather on the screen.

You need to tap on the weather part of the widget which will bring you to the weather details page, then tap on the 3 horizontal lines in the left upper part > weather settings > temperature units.Here you can change the units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174