Weekly Photo Contest: Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Reflection.jpg

SFO Terminal 3 light fixtures. Taken with the HTC One M8.

While there are plenty of great opportunities to take pictures throughout the day, sometimes you need to think outside the box to find some really interesting subject matter. Looking for shiny surfaces that reflect light and colors from other areas can be a good way to go about it, and that's why we're making this week's prompt "reflection." Show off your best photos taken this week that implement some sort of reflection, and they'll be in the running for the contest.

We're picking out two winners this week, and each one will receive a pair of RevJams Xec On Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 22) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

tinklesque

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Ford Dining Hall at Berry College in Mount Berry, GA

I had the privilege of exploring some of the Berry College campus while visiting family in Georgia recently. It is a beautiful piece of property.

Taken with HTC One (M7) and edited with VSCO Cam.

2014-06-09 10.33.22 1.jpg

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Pic taken with a Xperia Z1S and edited with Aviary. Waiting for dinner at a wedding.

edajeryj.jpg

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

axerik5

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg
Went for a walk with my wife at Creve Coeur Lake (Missouri). Noticed the solitary kayaker with the sunset in the background and decided that it might make a decent picture.

Taken with a Nexus 5 and edited in Google+

anon(82816)

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
This was taken in the backyard of my soon to be parents-in-law (wedding is in exactly one month, AAAAAAHHH!) in Northern California. I found it amusing because it bears a very striking resemblance to my fiancée's father.

Snapped with my Sony Xperia Z2 with the stock camera in Superior Auto mode. Only editing done was in Photoshop to reduce its size, as it errored out when trying to upload it in its original 6.97MB file size...

DSC_3014.jpg

Earldean Reyes

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Reflection of Plant on Water Droplet

This was taken early morning after a rainy evening. Wind was cool and everything looks fresh. I took this using the default camera of my Samsung Note 3.

Attachments

• WaterDroplet_Reflection.jpg
    WaterDroplet_Reflection.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 61

tDotm

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Those are my feet. Some of them at least. The others belong to my favourite person.

reflections.jpg

Nexus 5, HDR+, some adjustments in the stock camera app.

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
tuvagejy.jpg

A picture taken of the headlight of my car with my cell phone. The reflection of the flash made for a very unique picture.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Taken with my Nexus 5 in Vegas, I love the cloud and sun reflection on the Mandalay Bay Hotel. This was taken using HDR + mode and auto enhanced through Google Photos.

IMG_20140310_110113.jpg

ianofgod

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Sony Xperia U
1 July 2013
"Il giardino dei tarocchi" Niki De Saint Phalle, Italy, Tuscany
This is the main door of the house built by Niki and her husband, the house is completely full of mosaic, every single wall, desk or chair is made from small pieces of mosaic.

IMG_20130701_152528_1.jpg

Last edited:

peterfarbe

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I was able to make this shot a few weeks ago when I was fishing with a few friends. The weather was perfect but to hot for the fishes to be very active, thats why we didn't catch anything :(. The photo was shot with a Samung Galaxy S3 and edited with vscocam. (I hope this contest is international because I'm from Germany :D)
20140608080wsfig1b2en.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.