What are the best Smartwatches with font size control?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I went through this exercise about 8 months ago and am hoping maybe there's something new out there or something I overlooked.

I've worn Pebbles since they first came out and now my button broke of my Pebble 2. I know there's a lot of nice watches out there but they all seem to be missing one or more of these critical features:

1. Ability to change the font size. At 50, I wear 1.5X reading glasses, and so what's the point of wearing a smartwatch if the font is too small to read your notifications! I've always just been flabbergasted that good control over font size is something many manufacturers overlooked! (Age discrimination!) Even on the Pebble 2, the default built-in font size setting doesn't cut it. And my eyesight really isn't that bad. But the great thing with Pebble (unlike many other watches) you can still get access to a HUGE selection of 3rd Party Apps and I found one that lets me make the fonts even bigger. Not to mention making my own watch face from scratch is also nice.

2. Decent Battery Life. I could care less about a fancy color screen, it just sucks battery. I know right away if I get any watch with less than 4 days battery life I will be frustrated being used to close to a week of battery life with the Pebbles I've used the past 5 years. If I can get the font size adjustment and fit I want, I could 'survive' with a watch that goes 2-3 days and just put the charger on my night stand but it's going to take some getting used to to remember to charge all the time.

3. Not BULKY. I have average or slightly small wrists for a guy. The Pebble 2 is a perfect fit for me. I love that it is very light and not bulky. Barely can tell I'm wearing it.

I fear that really, considering those 3 criteria, still nothing out there fits the bill? And so maybe I need to find another Pebble 2 for sale somewhere.