What are these folders?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
While moving some media around I clicked on all folders on my SD card just to see what they are. I found some that were empty and was wondering if one of you who knows Android better than I do can tell me what they are, why they are there empty, or if I need them.

They are:

.android_secure
data
droidhen
paint
rosie_scroll

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
.android_secure - This is a hidden system folder where any apps you install to the SD card are stored.
data - A folder some apps use to store their data instead of on the phone.
droidhen - Something that came with a 3rd party app, so if it is not used, you should be able to delete it.
paint - Again, 3rd party app related, should be able to delete if not used.
rosie_scroll - Something sense related, I would just leave it there, as the UI will probably recreate it anyway.

Reactions: yogszen and mgftp

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
.android_secure - This is a hidden system folder where any apps you install to the SD card are stored.
data - A folder some apps use to store their data instead of on the phone.
droidhen - Something that came with a 3rd party app, so if it is not used, you should be able to delete it.
paint - Again, 3rd party app related, should be able to delete if not used.
rosie_scroll - Something sense related, I would just leave it there, as the UI will probably recreate it anyway.

+1 for this. The only things to add are don't screw with .android_secure, data, or Rosie_scroll if you delete the other two unless you have deleted the app that created them the next time you reboot they will show up again.

Reactions: mgftp

gO_Ogle

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
paint: notes app (postit notes style) from HTC sense. You can view each note by opening the files with image viewer (like ms paint or similar)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07